H Model Restoration

I’m with you on standing on my head under the dash, I’m definitely not as limber as I was when I started this project. I ordered some 1 3/4 defrost hose for the LJ from “ Old Air “ looks close to that. I haven’t had time to install it yet, probably need to soon before I put my seats in ( that will give more grunting and twisting room for me! ) You’re making good progress. Thanks for the update and pics. 

Was working on my race car last month.  Was trying to run some new wiring for O2 sensors I put in the collectors.  Tried to crawl in the car to get my head under the dash.....nope, not happening with the door bars in the way.  I can't contort enough with my back all jacked up and my sciatica on my right hip killing me.  Damn, this old crap sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

that is what god made children and grandchildren for Larry, to do the crap we are too old to do .

We're not tooo old to do it ,we are "trying to educate the younger generation " the how to's of doing it .  sounds better; I know we are to old .😁 to find a youngster willing to put down their phone. to work on something that "came over with the pilgrims" , = I've heard that one once is a feat in it self.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

At least on the pictures all looks fine.

And my guess when the truck is seen in real nobody would note any imperfections in the windshield rubber shapes. Especially taking to account there's none of them :thumb:

BTW it's possible to smooth down uneven edges or surfaces of a rubber part just with a piece of sandpaper of grinding wheel. 

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 1 month later...

Excellent that’s pretty much a great deal I would go for that. I probably mentioned I used to change those back when I was a teenager from jacking the truck up  repaired tube to letting it down 15 minutes  . Now I know I cannot do that now. Take me 15 minutes to dig out the jack. Ha ha.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...