H Model Restoration

Yep ,, That was one of their main routes to Chicago, Hauling Cigarettes from Winston Salem, I remember  when the Silver Bridge fell , Dad knew one of the drivers, there was 2 Hennis trucks coming through, one got caught by a red light, the other was on the bridge, The driver in the sleeper didn’t make it, the driver swam out with a broken arm. I think they were in a F Model. I think I saw a picture somewhere of a Hennis fueling at the Lima truck stop,, One of the Hennis drivers wrote a song about that run from Winston to Chicago,, look it up it’s called “ Goosball Brown  “ 

• Like 2

If Dan Thomas(???)  of Medley ORE brings his Aussie Value Line to York PA next year take a good look at it... Mech your explanation goes along with Paul's statement about stability on Aussie road trains.. 

• Like 2

Brocky

at the brockway truck show  , there was a truck with a very unusual 5th wheel set up; super HD . talked with the owner , he didn't know what it was used for . unfortunately there wasn't a name or tag on it. and worst the fact I didn't take a picture , speaking of which I still have some to down load to this forum  of the brockway show . I don't get to excited about things ; sure hope to be around next yr to make the trip back to cortland , NY for next yrs show. 

don't want to go off topic ( ME !! - NO ). the osculating wheels I  installed had two pins on the 5th wheel plate which locked into  the table  holding the prestress. 4 or 6 in spacers under the wheel  mounted on DM chassis. wheel height was  shoulder height  to me  (  I was 6 ft tall then ).

That was me bud asking for the interior photos that looks amazing. Thank you for that I remember way back around 1971 riding on a school bus and the seats resembled the ones in my dad’s 1970 U model I would’ve sworn they were the same exact cushions and color and design and everything else  thank you so much for the photos that looks absolutely amazing interior as usual bud you are very inspirational for continuing on my DM …. Bob

• Like 1

Not sure if I mentioned this but I have not even set in one except for one and a wrecking yard and my hometown they had a lot of big rigs. I was only around 15 years old 1971 or so even then I was thinking man this sucker is cool.  Even then the turnpikes were nothing but U R and  F model