H Model Restoration

On 7/9/2023 at 12:42 AM, skydawg said:

Another world...

So true, rather than inspire people to be the best they can be it is now lower everyone else down to the lowest standard and ridicule those that try and be the best they can be 

Cracking photo

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brocky , the top 2 pictures were originally color, The H 67 was on a calendar my Dad  had, I think it was taken on US 52 , Fancy Gap , North of Winston Salem, the other was taken in the parking lot of Hennis home office in Winston Salem, both hung in our house when I was growing up, the black and white is just one of many that Dad had. I have one taken with Pilot Mt in the background, it’s a F model ( Remember Andy Griffin, Mt Pilot ? , that’s where the name came from) . The Hennis Brothers were originally from Mt Airy , Same as Andy Griffin. I think Shirley Mitchell bought them in about 1947 and moved to Winston Salem. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of my Dad’s has been working on this H 67 for a few years, he’s actually got it in pretty good shape, says he may paint it someday, He drives it to local Truck and Car shows during the summer,, he had it out today , I’m going to show him some pictures of yours, maybe it will inspire him to paint it. ( I have looked at the 5th wheel plate for years and I’m not sure of the purpose of the circle plate, I’ve never seen another one like it.) 

IMG_4995.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1961H67 said:

I have looked at the 5th wheel plate for years and I’m not sure of the purpose of the circle plate, I’ve never seen another one like it.) 

Up here in the States the only one I have seen is on the Valueliner that the Mack man in Oregon imported from Australia.. His is larger and has a ball bearing race in it as well as a locking pin.. I forget the exact reason for it now other than it was used when pulling road trains on dirt/gravel roads.

• Like 2

Brocky