Pictures of the Week

other dog

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Yikes,   I think you should go and find out what's going on. Isn't it strange how when we feel the slightest thing needs attention on a truck we're all over it......ourselves ???? not so much

This is so true. My personal vehicle gets the wheels driven off it. I broke my hand a couple years ago and denied it was broken til I almost passed out from pain. My truck makes a noise and I panic and investigate it til I find problem. Other Dog take our advice and go see a Dr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, other dog said:

The shed guy delivered the shed today, it's nice. I would have rather had it around back, in front of that big chestnut oak, but it would not clear the power line you can barely see behind it. I could have had the shed guy try to go all the way around the other end and get it there, but the ground is soft and it was raining at the time.

20201214_145443.thumb.jpg.dd515973d9b26a146776c159048caf65.jpg

It's a  lot bigger than the old one too, even has a hay loft.

20201214_145056.thumb.jpg.b97d5c7ee6b5f36f7e695f5d5e0a2aaa.jpg

It has a loft storage area at each end, and it's open in the middle. Nice.

20201214_145119.thumb.jpg.238f5850fa5f1f1d87edf4a298c33dc4.jpg

It was over $3000, but I don't remember exactly how much. I wrote the shed guy a check for $2900 today, but we paid some on it when we first looked at it. Zina from Florida put that on her Allegiant card so she could get airline points.

Is that going to become "Otherdogs" Dog house when he's in Trouble with Zina from Florida??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

11 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Is that going to become "Otherdogs" Dog house when he's in Trouble with Zina from Florida??

It's pretty nice, I could put Ollie's bed in one corner and my chaise lounge that's on the porch in another corner.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Prednisone is a steroid.  It works in conjunction with an antibiotic but technically isn't one.  If prescribed on its own, it is used to treat inflammation which clearly you have quite a bit of.  Might be gout, might be that you tweaked it and didn't notice it at the time (often we wont if we are super busy and adrenaline is running high).  If the doc didn't prescribe an antibiotic to go with it, than they probably don't believe that you have an infection in your knee.  I've had one before, in what is called the bursa sack, an area of fluid inside your knee.  If prescribed with an antibiotic, it helps the antibiotic by reducing inflammation, improving blood flow, providing pain relief and overall allows the antibiotic to do its job and kill the infection.

Good luck.  As others have said, take all medication as prescribed for AS LONG as prescribed.  Don't just toss stuff when you start feeling better.  Especially an antibiotic.  It needs to run its course.  If you don't finish the script, the infection can reappear AND will now be resistant to antibiotics.

• Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

On 12/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, other dog said:

Wow, I might hit 60 homers next season!..still won't get in the hall of fame though.

Watch your diet on prednisone. It'll give you an appetite with no end. You'll never get full. Also it made me very hot headed. I ended up in a few fights when I was on it. Makes a temper very bad. 

52 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

made me very hot headed. I ended up in a few fights when I was on it. Makes a temper very bad. 

That's a typical Side effect of any Steroid use, From My Observation..!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Also if you are a diabetic your Morning sugar numbers will go UP!! The next morning after I had the shot and first dose of pills I topped 300.. By the next day it dropped into the 200's and the third week (single pills) in the high 100's. Took another week after I was done to drop back into the 130-150 range..

• Like 1

Brocky

I'm liking that shed also.  We have a few suppliers selling various designs that they will drop right in your yard tomorrow.  I've got a little tin shack now for the mower but want a bigger one like yours(or bigger) but you know my township.  I can't have any more "outbuildings"....ugh.  I tried to get them to allow a free standing shed, but nope, it's all the same to them....it's a building, period.  Only way around it is build a garage onto the house and that's a bit pricey.

Good luck with the knee!

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 12/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, Freightrain said:

I'm liking that shed also.  We have a few suppliers selling various designs that they will drop right in your yard tomorrow.  I've got a little tin shack now for the mower but want a bigger one like yours(or bigger) but you know my township.  I can't have any more "outbuildings"....ugh.  I tried to get them to allow a free standing shed, but nope, it's all the same to them....it's a building, period.  Only way around it is build a garage onto the house and that's a bit pricey.

Good luck with the knee!

Thanks Larry.

The shed came from Old Hickory Buildings and Sheds, they made it up 29 north of Lynchburg in Nelson Co, but they make them and have dealers all around. This one was supposed to have gone to a dealer's lot in Danville.

I went up there on a Saturday when they were closed just to look and a salesman happened to stop by. He sold me this one as being from the dealer lot in Lynchburg so it would be close enough to get the free delivery.

• Like 1

Nice shed Other Dog!

As others have said, just pay attention to anything changing while taking the Prednisone. I'm not allergic to many things.....but I had a reaction to that stuff.

Got sores, kinda like cankers all over in my mouth and gums and a bad case of the squirts out the bottom end. Then had to take another med to "firm" me back up, LOL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Nice shed Other Dog!

As others have said, just pay attention to anything changing while taking the Prednisone. I'm not allergic to many things.....but I had a reaction to that stuff.

Got sores, kinda like cankers all over in my mouth and gums and a bad case of the squirts out the bottom end. Then had to take another med to "firm" me back up, LOL

Thanks, so far so good I guess. Nothing out of the ordinary so far, I'm down to 4 pills a day now. Went back to work today,  picked up a load going to Norcross, Ga. for Monday. 

17 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Watch your diet on prednisone. It'll give you an appetite with no end. You'll never get full. Also it made me very hot headed. I ended up in a few fights when I was on it. Makes a temper very bad. 

Geez, I hope not- I'm too old to fight anymore, and too sore to run!😆