Andrew Cuomo

kscarbel2

6 hours ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

Oh yea, that is just the kind of man we need for president.

You should see his speech last year for creating sanctuary cities in NYS when stated that he is the son of a mother and father who were illegal immigrants. That was interesting.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

15 hours ago, 41chevy said:

You should see his speech last year for creating sanctuary cities in NYS when stated that he is the son of a mother and father who were illegal immigrants. That was interesting.

Which was absolute political bullshit.  He took liberty with the fact that basically all immigrants in the first part of the 20th century were classified as "without papers".

• Like 1

More correctly, before 1890 when the federal government took jurisdiction over immigration. Previous to that federal pre-emption, if you could walk off the boat you were free to wander the country 'til you found a city or state that would grant you citizenship. Or not bother becoming a citizen...

try living in upstate Ny and liking Cuomo. hes about the biggest piece of shit to walk in a pair of shoes. he has flooded upstate hospitals in the dead of night with infected positive corona people from the city, did I forget ones on welfare.... that if they get better us tax payers have to pay to get them transported back. every law he comes up with is a benefit for the city, not the state. aside from some of his corona speeches he is useless as a governor

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

8 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

try living in upstate Ny and liking Cuomo. hes about the biggest piece of shit to walk in a pair of shoes. he has flooded upstate hospitals in the dead of night with infected positive corona people from the city, did I forget ones on welfare.... that if they get better us tax payers have to pay to get them transported back. every law he comes up with is a benefit for the city, not the state. aside from some of his corona speeches he is useless as a governor

You upstate conservative minded hillbillies need to learn your place. You are all second tier citizens compared to those elite left wingers from the city.

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

If you could cut NYS off at Interstate 84 and let the southern part drift out to sea and sink, The rest of the state might become a decent place to live in again.

84 is too far west. just make the cut at the hudson river. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, General Ike said:

If you took Nassau, Suffolk, the five counties of NYC, Westchester and MAYBE Rockland and Putnam counties out of NYS, the remainder of the state is no different than all the flyover states in the country.  Millions of families in agriculture, manufacturing, shipping, etc., that are handcuffed to the liberal ideals of the coastal and lower hudson valley mentality of "give it all away and tax the piss out of us for it".  There are 62 counties in NYS, and no more than 9 control the absurdity of what is going on there.  If you break it down further and look at urban vs suburban/rural parts of the state regardless of county, the parts of the state populated by the folks that produce and deliver goods and services are red.  The parts of the state that are controlled by the overwhelming majority of consumers are blue.  So the mentality in NY (or any other state including California) is who gives a damn about the people that make the crap I use or bring it to me, just give me what I want, and I'll give your stuff away to people who didn't work for it.  Remember the government cant give anything away that it didn't take from someone else first.

NY 2016 Presidential Map

All valid points-but I would make  the cut line the Bear Mtn. Bridge😎  

1 hour ago, Maxidyne said:

When you look at where the tax revenue mostly comes from, the metros, it's pretty obvious that NY would go bankrupt without NYC, etc..

I disagree. All our money goes to nyc.

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Nebraska's biggest taxpayer is an old guy named Warren and he lives in a nice big city called Omaha. I've seen the figures for my home state, Minnesota, and in fact the metro is subsidizing much of the rural part of the state. For example, my city of less than a thousand like many out here get's half it's revenue from the state. It comes down to property tax base and income- median house value here is under $100k vs. $200k+ in the metro, median family income here $50k vs. 65k in the metro.

I’d guess there would be an extraordinary tax base in a wealthy city that size. State of WI has 5.8 million citizens total and NYC alone has 8.4 million. Can see how you’d end up getting nose-ringed in the NY Upstate. We have the same effect with the libs in Madison and the drunks in Milwaukee calling all the shots..... including a hefty new wheel tax to help finance their hobby projects.