Andrew Cuomo

kscarbel2

Am I the only person impressed with what I see of New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo?

His performances day-after-day in his Coronavirus press briefings are amazing.

Who would like to write him in as President next term?

I'm liking this guy from Queens who knows what he's talking about and doesn't beat around the bush.

I would like to reboot the United States on the global scene with Cuomo at the helm.

And as an added bonus, he reminds me at times of Robert De Niro in the Godfather.

• Like 1

I don't think I could ever vote for a democrat , mainly because of of their abortion stance, it's just wrong, wrong, wrong. But, with that being said, Cuomo isn't nearly as far out there as most of those morons- like "the  squad"- and does seem to have a good bit of common sense.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

50 minutes ago, Maxidyne said:

I'm very impressed with several of the governors who are filling the gap left by federal inaction. And at this point survival is the major issue, while guns are useless against a virus and doctors are too busy to do abortions.

Cuomo won't give masks and materials that abortion clinics  use to the front line. He doesn't want to offend his (FRIENDS)

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

There are no atheists in a foxhole and if you go grocery shopping hungry, your going to end up with buyers regret.......

The same goes for shopping presidential candidates in a crisis. We’re all looking for a foxhole hero, but wait till the Corona moves on, Cuomo will default.

👶 🍼  + 🔪 = 💀 

The one circumstance that would make me warm to Cuomo is if Trump quarantined New York and Cuomo, soon afterwards, calls for a Convention of States against the Federal Gov.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

and when he did this tv deal, he had 100,000 ventilators horded in a warehouse.

when it became known, he said why should i release the ones i have when the government should supply them.

he is a typical no good lying democrat P.O.S. that only cares about himself.

Can you please share a news link on the 100,000 ventilators ?

Beyond that, I'm not from New York and thus have never paid attention to him. But his performance in these press meetings by any stretch is impressive.

I get the anti-abortion stance of some. I'm not up on Cuomo's stance.....on anything. My thought is, if a couple of teenagers or college kids mistakenly test their equipment without protection, and obviously in cases of rape, an early term abortion is acceptable.

Quarantines preventing inter-state travel by the masses, excluding trucking, could become a necessity.

The reason China was able to kick this is because they could order people to stay home (aside from essential food shopping) with immediate effect, prohibiting intra-city and inter-province travel.

I'm hoping warmer weather, I heard 77 degrees F, has a positive effect. That would buy time for the developments of vaccines and more medicines for treatment, assuming worst case scenario it would return next winter. SARS, for example, for whatever reason, never returned.

Otherwise, as extremely contagious as it appears to be, many states might be 2 or more months away from peaking. There's a limit to how long our national economy can take a beating. Any longer and a recovery will take considerable time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I'm not from New York and thus have never paid attention to him. But his performance in these press meetings by any stretch is impressive.

I'm not up on Cuomo's stance.....on anything

So if I’m reading this correct you are ready to nominate this guy for president with out knowing anything about him other than he can b.s. his way through some press conferences.  I’m gonna go out on a limb and say we are drastically different when it comes to politics. 

Im from NJ so I get a front row seat to these Democrat governors trampling on our rights.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I'm hoping warmer weather, I heard 77 degrees F, has a positive effect. That would buy time for the developments of vaccines and more medicines for treatment, assuming worst case scenario it would return next winter. SARS, for example, for whatever reason, never returned.

Otherwise, as extremely contagious as it appears to be, many states might be 2 or more months away from peaking. There's a limit to how long our national economy can take a beating. Any longer and a recovery will take considerable time.

The heat won’t help this go away. Read an article about it some time ago that it was 85 plus Fahrenheit in wuhan when this broke out. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Real presidential...

https://apple.news/Ai81VJccdTl6_G9SuqRwIfQ

So he does have a stockpile and more or less admits he has no clue how many he is going to need but he’ll project an astronomical number of ventilators needed plus the 2 hospital ships that he want for New York.  There’s a fine line between being proactive and being greedy and using this crisis to grandstand for his own personal gain.  There are 49 other states and 6 or so territories  that need supplies as well  here’s the link to the full article  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-hannity-coronavirus-ventilators-new-york-30000/
Somebody said on one of the cable news shows said: 'The ventilators that New York needed aren't even being deployed, they're in a stockpile,'" Cuomo said. "Yes, they're in a stockpile, because that's where they're supposed to be, because we don't need them yet, we need them for the apex, the apex isn't here so we're gathering them in the stockpile so when we need them they will be there."

"Second point: 'Well maybe you don't need 30,000.' Look, I don't have a crystal ball, everybody's entitled to their own opinion, but I don't operate here on opinion. I operate on facts, and on data, and on numbers, and on projections," he said.

"I hope we don't need 30,000 ventilators, I hope some natural weather change happens over night kills the virus globally ... but the numbers say you might need 30,000."

Cuomo has said projections show the state will need the ventilators within the next two weeks, when the peak of coronavirus cases is expected to hit the state. As of Wednesday, Cuomo said the state has been able gather about half of the ventilators it needs, but only about 4,000 of those have come from the federal government. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.