Are these Mack rears?

A lot of gas company's had them either over or under the shaft system. I talk to a few people that had them and it wasn't a good out come  when the leafs break at the center bolt they turn in to a catilpolt  flipping or crashing the unit Ive change a lot and wouldn't put them on gas trailers and keep them on TB&A box's .

• Like 2

Ed

15 minutes ago, blackdog2 said:

A lot of gas company's had them either over or under the shaft system. I talk to a few people that had them and it wasn't a good out come  when the leafs break at the center bolt they turn in to a catilpolt  flipping or crashing the unit Ive change a lot and wouldn't put them on gas trailers and keep them on TB&A box's .

I know they ride good, compared to regular camelback 

What is TB&A box’s?

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

I know they ride good, compared to regular camelback 

What is TB&A box’s?

Blackdog is  talking oil industry.  TBA was "tire,batteries.accessories.  It also  included case goods oil in qts, drums 55 gal and kegs -120 pd gear lube,grease etc.  The industry -the majors that is-first gave up on TBA and then the box fleets just handled lubes.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Blackdog is  talking oil industry.  TBA was "tire,batteries.accessories.  It also  included case goods oil in qts, drums 55 gal and kegs -120 pd gear lube,grease etc.  The industry -the majors that is-first gave up on TBA and then the box fleets just handled lubes.

You WON .....?

Ed

The suspension in question rode better than the camelback set-up but wasn't nearly as strong. If you broke a leaf on camelback you could still safely drive to get it repaired but not the underslung ones. My father had an underslung break a leaf while loaded with a bulk tanker on I-80 many years ago and sure enough she rolled over. He survived, so did the bulk tanker except for a flattened side wall but the R was totaled.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, navypoppop said:

The suspension in question rode better than the camelback set-up but wasn't nearly as strong. If you broke a leaf on camelback you could still safely drive to get it repaired but not the underslung ones. My father had an underslung break a leaf while loaded with a bulk tanker on I-80 many years ago and sure enough she rolled over. He survived, so did the bulk tanker except for a flattened side wall but the R was totaled.

Amoco oil driver didn't Island trans. had some bad ones .Gulf had a few but the mech. didn't know anything....... terminal mgr said nothing wrong ....I guess when you were a tie it cuts blood flow upward ?  

Ed