3 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Pretty nice ol’ truck. Do you know the specs?  Is it a runner? Either way it’ll be a fun to tinker on. 

no it was a good price and a good deal not sure of specs has about 2 inches of crud on everything I know for sure it was a Celli truck I worked for them in '96 for several months with my '89 R. I'm going to contact the Mack museum to get info on how it was built so I can return it to it's original glory and it is a runner . It's going to be a long term project for sure

• Like 1

5 hours ago, j hancock said:

Looks Great!  Interesting to see the tandem and long rails.  Maybe used as a service/lube truck?

Originally a tractor, the fifth wheel was removed and additional rails added to rear of existing frame and a fuel tank was placed on it to fuel the fleet of dump trucks at night . B61 LST originally with aluminum discs on steer , aluminum fuel tank, air start, and maybe aluminum brake shoes but i didn't have the opportunity yet to crawl around underneath it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Prowrench said:

Originally a tractor, the fifth wheel was removed and additional rails added to rear of existing frame and a fuel tank was placed on it to fuel the fleet of dump trucks at night . B61 LST originally with aluminum discs on steer , aluminum fuel tank, air start, and maybe aluminum brake shoes but i didn't have the opportunity yet to crawl around underneath it

I’m guessing that you’ll find aluminum shackles, aluminum air tanks, aluminum hood and the pieces between the hood and fenders might be aluminum as well. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

7 hours ago, Prowrench said:

Maybe at one time but all of that currently is rusted

I’m no expert by any means but I’m guessing like you said it must’ve been changed. I have B753LS and all of those parts on mine are aluminum. Doesn’t really matter anyhow, it going to be a fun project no matter what parts it does or doesn’t have. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Thats an ex Celli trucking B. They had A"s B's R's G's F's and CH's. May bee a vision or 2. They were a major contributor to the Chicago area interstate system build. Look up Celli on this sight and you will get an eye full of green and grey Macks. 57BCR on this sight new Mr. Celli. Nice catch. Probably one of the last Celli B's around.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Thats an ex Celli trucking B. They had A"s B's R's G's F's and CH's. May bee a vision or 2. They were a major contributor to the Chicago area interstate system build. Look up Celli on this sight and you will get an eye full of green and grey Macks. 57BCR on this sight new Mr. Celli. Nice catch. Probably one of the last Celli B's around.

Yah I got lucky with this one for sure

9 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

I messaged Randy about that truck I was kicking around the idea of buying it glad it went to a good home.

Thanks, I missed an opportunity a week earlier to get a79 R that was a Greco truck and was mad at myself for not jumping on it when I had the chance but I'm really pleased with this deal