1962 Mack B-61

11 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

polished aluminum diamond plate Vlad. 

Thank you. Prob the sun made it looking just about as real diamonds. I'm not a real fan to polish aluminium. Have way beyound of enough to at the moment.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

4 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Thank you. Prob the sun made it looking just about as real diamonds. I'm not a real fan to polish aluminium. Have way beyound of enough to at the moment.

The rear fender are shiny because they are proud to be on the dogs butt in stead of a peterbut.  :)

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On February 20, 2019 at 1:07 PM, Freightrain said:

Looking good!  I need to get the polisher after mine(same material) as mine are well worn after like 15 yrs of being out in the weather.  I keep them washed, but they don't shine like that!

Diamond plate destroys buffer wheels.   When my dad works on my boxes the strings fly off the wheels.     We where told that a piece of carpet works good for hand polishing diamond plate.   This is the polish we use to go over everything.   It works pretty good.  image.thumb.jpg.885d0ec46891f1843c18285fbf29bc08.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Yup, I've used short nap rug before.  Just labor intensive.  I like power tools!!  Lol.

The purple polish is not a miricale polish or anything, but comparing it to something like mothers it's a lot easier.  

• 3 years later...

there's no doubt it's a beautiful truck. reality for me as a B-model it has too much bling. now if it were a LTL; RL700.that's different. a B61 series is the working force that built America. clean and polish great. that's a alot of alum to clean. I would be afraid of stepping on the tank to get in. just sayin. not meaning to offend  anyone.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, skydawg said:

The diamond plate insert for the step is sharp! Is that custom-made?

I'd say yes.

15 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

there's no doubt it's a beautiful truck. reality for me as a B-model it has too much bling. now if it were a LTL; RL700.that's different. a B61 series is the working force that built America. clean and polish great. that's a alot of alum to clean. I would be afraid of stepping on the tank to get in. just sayin. not meaning to offend  anyone.

I know about stepping on polished alum tanks.  I love mine, but what a pita to keep looking nice, even with the minimal driving mine gets.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"