Working at Home Depot Now

j hancock

8 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Now....The masses want to know....

What did you give them instructions for?  How to build a flux capacitor? Nuclear weapon? 100 to 200amp panel conversion? 

It was easy stuff. GFCI outlet and a timer for a bathroom exhaust fan.

The plans for a flux capacitor are kept under lock and key!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:38 AM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Now....The masses want to know....

What did you give them instructions for?  How to build a flux capacitor? Nuclear weapon? 100 to 200amp panel conversion? 

220, 221...whatever it takes (classic Michael Keaton in Mr. Mom).

Mr Mom.jpg

5 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

It’s not bad having self check out as an option. You come walking up with six pair of women’s underwear and a pregnancy test kit you can guarantee the cashier is going to be some lovely ol’church lady you’ve known your whole life and then she will be calling in a manager to get an approval swipe for the Jack Daniels. Whole time your answering questions  about how your parents are doing. 

i have used them when i only have 1 or 2 items and all the lines are long, i guess i don't mind them having one as long as they also have ample non self checkout lanes, to me its more a issue of if i am going to spend my money somewhere i expect a certain level of customer service. if a store is not going to provide me that and another one will i will go to the other store. really i would prefer they just had more open check out lanes vrs having a self checkout option. 

our local menards always has plenty of check out lanes open, generally when you go to check out there is at least one register the cashier will be waiting for a customer at the entrance to the till, at the most you may need to wait for one other person to check out ahead of you, guess what store i go to when i need home improvement items.

Edited by Ezrider

26 minutes ago, Ezrider said:

i have used them when i only have 1 or 2 items and all the lines are long, i guess i don't mind them having one as long as they also have ample non self checkout lanes, to me its more a issue of if i am going to spend my money somewhere i expect a certain level of customer service. if a store is not going to provide me that and another one will i will go to the other store. really i would prefer they just had more open check out lanes vrs having a self checkout option. 

our local menards always has plenty of check out lanes open, generally when you go to check out there is at least one register the cashier will be waiting for a customer at the entrance to the till, at the most you may need to wait for one other person to check out ahead of you, guess what store i go to when i need home improvement items.

There are a lot of things Menard's carries that HD and Lowe's don't (i.e. subfloor screws, barn siding screws, polycarbonate panels) If I had one closer to me I would go more often.

It's hard to take Homer's and Lowes seriously, they're basicly big box retailers trying to do home improvement stuff. Fleet Farm used to be my Go To store, but they've gone downhill the last few years. Menards is good on price, service is usually MIA, and they seem to carry a lot of junk. Bomgaars is good on pellet stove fuel and feed, overpriced on most other stuff. Strangely enough one of my local hardware stores is competitive on Milwaukee tools and carries a full inventory, as was the hardware department of Second Street Steel when I lived in Minneapolis.

• Like 1

Menards up here is booming and the Home Cheapo can't seem to give product away? Lowes stays away altogether from the North half.

Menards has a streamlined return policy and a constant flow of free stuff/birthday gifts/etc and deals on food. They get a whole freezer full of brats, advertise them on the front page, sell all of them in the first hour at a loss and leave the empty cooler sit there, unfilled, for the remaining 5 days of the sale.....works everytime. I'm always the guy who's slapping the top of the empty chest cooler, 4PM, after work, while the retirees are at home grilling free brats for supper.        

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2018 at 1:06 PM, Maxidyne said:

It's hard to take Homer's and Lowes seriously, they're basicly big box retailers trying to do home improvement stuff. Fleet Farm used to be my Go To store, but they've gone downhill the last few years. Menards is good on price, service is usually MIA, and they seem to carry a lot of junk. Bomgaars is good on pellet stove fuel and feed, overpriced on most other stuff. Strangely enough one of my local hardware stores is competitive on Milwaukee tools and carries a full inventory, as was the hardware department of Second Street Steel when I lived in Minneapolis.

Always best to use your local businesses when ever you can possibly afford too, local people doing business with local people as a truly Americana ring to it.

• Like 2

Agreed, couple years back 'bout this time of year I needed a 4'x8'x3/4" sheet of treated plywood to build a ramp. Was crappy weather for driving with snow covered roads and the Menards didn't even have it in stock, though at least I was able to verify that online and avoid the 40 mile round trip drive for nothing. Local lumber co-op 6 miles away had it in stock, price was only a couple bucks more and I didn't complain!

9 hours ago, Mcrafty1 said:

Always best to use your local businesses when ever you can possibly afford too, local people doing business with local people as a truly Americana ring to it.

Get better prices and a higher quality products from Hammonds than others and free delivery too.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE