Pictures of the Week

other dog

Well in glad to see we aren't the only ones still getting snow. Got about 5" total last weekend and now the forecast says 6-7" this Thursday. I swear we are going to go from winter right back into fall at this rate.  Been enjoying watching this poor damn bear waiting for good enough weather to leave the den. 

https://youtu.be/6icgXIXQBX4

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

13 hours ago, mackey58 said:

How's that pit barrel smoker work pretty good

Most excellent, i've even cooked beef brisket in it that came out tender and delicious, something i'd never been able to accomplish before. Everything i've cooked in it came out good.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

20 hours ago, mackey58 said:

How's that pit barrel smoker work pretty good

One of the most incredible inventions on the face of god's green earth. I have had mine since about four days after Macungie 2017 and it has become a way of life in my home. I have done brisket, ribs, tri-tip, ham shoulders for pulled pork, pork loins but what I enjoy the most and have down to a science are simple roast beef. You can smoke a nice 2-4 pound roast beef in about 3.5 hours.

The one thing about the PBS you need to understand is that it is *specifically* designed around charcoal (they want you to use standard, plain Kingsford, but many folks are reporting success with Royal Oak. I plan on trying it soon.) Also, you need to use the specific amount of charcoal, or else the interior temperature may not get hot enough or too hot and overcook your food too fast or unevenly. If you are used to a wood smoker, you may not like the PBS. 

I highly recommend the Pit Barrel Smoker to anyone- from experienced to amateur smokers, especially the amateur guys. They have a fantastic website. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

On 4/14/2018 at 6:17 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

One of the most incredible inventions on the face of god's green earth. I have had mine since about four days after Macungie 2017 and it has become a way of life in my home. I have done brisket, ribs, tri-tip, ham shoulders for pulled pork, pork loins but what I enjoy the most and have down to a science are simple roast beef. You can smoke a nice 2-4 pound roast beef in about 3.5 hours.

The one thing about the PBS you need to understand is that it is *specifically* designed around charcoal (they want you to use standard, plain Kingsford, but many folks are reporting success with Royal Oak. I plan on trying it soon.) Also, you need to use the specific amount of charcoal, or else the interior temperature may not get hot enough or too hot and overcook your food too fast or unevenly. If you are used to a wood smoker, you may not like the PBS. 

I highly recommend the Pit Barrel Smoker to anyone- from experienced to amateur smokers, especially the amateur guys. They have a fantastic website. 

Well said, I agree. I've followed their directions on everything i've cooked instead of using any of my own tried and true ideas from using my offset smoker, and everything has been fantastic.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.