Pictures of the Week

other dog

2 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

OD, Next time that happens to you throw your load chains on the ground. Toss them under the tires laid out in a "S" pattern and ease up on them. Works somewhat like tire chains in a pinch.   .....Hippy 

I never thought of that...sounds like a great idea!

32 minutes ago, Brocky said:

The tie down chains work only if you have enough movement, 6 inches, to get the tires onto them, same as using a lot of things.. A gallon of Clorox poured over the tires also works at times.

Yep, i've heard that before too. I was on the verge of giving up, but I knew if I did there was going to be a wrecker bill, so I just kept digging.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Liked to read the story. And a nice shot of Mack cabover and the forklift operator no doubt too.

But what I have seen on the pics of snowy shoulders and icy-dirty tarps all that look EXACTLY the way trucks in Russia do the most every day during winter. At least in the central area I live and for 1000km around.

On a positive note I'm glad to know you guys are able to do your job professionally and with no cry in those difficult conditions.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Over at my place most of us carry what we call cheater chains their around 3 ft long with hooks on both ends you put them around the tire and thru the rim holes and connect the hooks put 1 on each side perfect for situations like that. Bob

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

be very careful who you call for help if you `re stuck any where near martinsville va  cost us 1500.00 to get a truck moved about 10 feet last week

Same deal with Anthony's Towing in Sam Black Church, West Virginia. I've never had to call them, go by their place all the time. I read an article about rip-off towing companies in Landline Magazine a few years ago. One of the companies mentioned was Anthony's. They had to refund some trucking company well over a thousand dollars because they overcharged them for a tow. I don't remember the exact amount, but it was a lot.

All they did was pull a trailer out of the ditch up on rt. 20 somewhere. Sounded like the driver didn't, or couldn't, swing wide enough to get around the curve and ran the trailer in the ditch, and Anthony's burned them a new one for getting him back on the road.  

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.