The louvered hood  sure looks  cool  on that LT! How long did they use that side panel,anybody  know  ?   Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

37 minutes ago, 57 bcr said:

The louvered hood  sure looks  cool  on that LT! How long did they use that side panel,anybody  know  ?   Al  

Believe the side louvered hood was only 3 years. 1950 is when I think they changed to the flat sides with the chrome , for sure 1951.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2017 at 11:59 PM, Hobert62 said:

That truck had a very nice sounding exhaust sound.   They had it running when we looked at it.  

On cool crisp mornings a Hall Scott with a straight pipe like that one could be heard a long ways off. An acquaintance has two Hall Scott 1091's stored away, came out of loggers they ran years ago.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

14 hours ago, BillyT said:

That is a baad boy first one I've seen!, is that cab the same as the later LJs?

Variations of this cab were used on L models, LJ's, early Mack F models (FT, FW), C models and the B models with the CA-31 designation along with other Mack low production and one-off trucks.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

13 hours ago, Timmyb said:

What's a Hall Scott engine all about? Can't say I've heard of them. Were they a factory option from Mack? 

Hall Scott was California based and at one time produced powered rail cars and trolleys and engines for aircraft, boats, trucks, tractors and stationary needs

• Like 2

Jim

The Hall-Scott was used on the largest fire apparatus Mack built so the rigs would have the ability to pump 1500 GPM in both the  L models and B models. it was a matter of discussion about whether the 1500 GPM was the water or the fuel moved to run the engine.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

9 hours ago, fxfymn said:

The Hall-Scott was used on the largest fire apparatus Mack built so the rigs would have the ability to pump 1500 GPM in both the  L models and B models. it was a matter of discussion about whether the 1500 GPM was the water or the fuel moved to run the engine.

did they put the 1091 in firetrucks too or just the 935? my type 21 L model has the 935 Hall Scott

On 7/26/2017 at 6:46 PM, Superdog said:

did they put the 1091 in firetrucks too or just the 935? my type 21 L model has the 935 Hall Scott

I have seen two 21 L's with the 1091 but I have no idea what the numbers really are for 1091 equipped Mack fire trucks

• Like 1

Jim