Moose Bumper on my R

No moose in Canada?  What happened?  I lived in Anchorage AK for 9 years and there were moose everywhere.  Cool bumper, looks good.  That would work good in PA as well.  Damn deer everywhere down here.  All running crazy  too, now that hunting season just opened.

I always thought those were designed specially for kango-roo's.

Local authoritys went crazy about such stuff recently. Give fines left and right.

Actually only rigs with special marks made in their papers in earlier years which indicate approved installation of such bumpers go easy. Everybody else are outlaws.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

8 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

What about a bull bar that was made and or supplied by Mack Australia then it would be just be a factory option Vlad ????

Paul

Paul, 

Cool bar, and sure the truck it is on!

As for factory options the same thing goes on overhere with Mercedes-G's I'm too familiar with. The bars they have were installed at the factory (local folks call them neither way but kango-roo-bumpers)). On the other hand local technical reglament (a kind of DOT) requires nothing off a front bumper to the outside. Many folks were fined recently being ordered to remove the bars in a month following an inspection pass to determine they really have it done. Otherwise they would get a ban for the vehicle's registry. Those Mercedes owners have to request an official dealer to get a paper their vehicles have the factory equipment. Some of them get luck in the end. Along with big headach during the deal. Many others rest with headach only. Just a kind of local BS. Plenty of such stuff overhere.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 months later...

My bumper is made by Ali-arc. I bought it used I think it actually came off a freightliner. I called Ali-arc they said they never made a bumper for a R model I was hoping I could buy mounting hardware. I had a local guy fab the brackets up for me. I assume you'll gave to go same route.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

there are 4 different manufacturers of Moose Bumpers..............

Herd, which I bought, and love the quality, craftsmanship and finish.  www.herd.com                 Manitoba

Aliarc                                                                                                                                                     Manitoba also I believe

Magnum                                                                                                                                                British Columbia

Mik Mak                                                                                                                                                  Ontario

The first pic is a Super Road Train, 4 post with rake  very heavy duty, 4 in pipes     475 lbs

Second is a Defender,   4 post with rake and ballusters                                              340 lbs

DSCF2403.JPG

DSCF2385.JPG

• 1 year later...

I don't have this bumper anymore so I can't take a pic but if you look on either side of the license plate there are two  bolts. Take them out and behind them is the hinge to tilt the bumper. I had hinges built that bolted to frame where original bumper bolted and installed moose bumper to them. Hopefully this helps

20 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

I know this is an older post but can someone post some pictures of the mounting bracket and how these bumpers tilt to open the hood

Thanks

This is a factory Mack mount. Not sure if would be of any use to you but it might give you a few ideas. 3F1ED7F9-8343-4F8B-A509-DA3B895162A1.thumb.jpeg.a99c928bfead6df17731ea6848844c45.jpeg

• Like 2