Macungie 2016

fxfymn

Plan to arrive Thursday after lunch.  Stopping by the hotel first to check-in then lunch at Pizza Slut.  Rain in the forecast for Thursday but hopefully not a "gully washer".  Like to find a "high spot" to park just in case.  Safe travels everyone!

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Plan to arrive in town about noonish. Need to find a near-true Philly cheesesteak sammich. Then find our way around town

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

On 6/15/2016 at 7:39 PM, hatcity said:

Plan to arrive in town about noonish. Need to find a near-true Philly cheesesteak sammich. Then find our way around town

Marios in Northampton has great Philly cheesesteaks and the best pizza around (851 Main street).

Bob Dahmer (red C-model 4x2 tractor) lives down the street and would probably agree.

Spent the night at the Hickory Run service plaza on the NE extention of PA Tunpike about 40 minutes from macungie. Will be there early to hopefully get the one safe, dry  spot in the camping area in case of rain.  My bus does not like wet ground and in the past I have seen too many motorhomes that had to be pulled out.  See you there 

• Like 1

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Will be there early to hopefully get the one safe, dry  spot 

I am at the Cabelas about 20 miles away for the same reason. I need to park the trailer on the paved lot if at all possible.

OBTW Denny this is a great place to overnight in. Easy to get to and plenty of space in a dedicated RV area with a Dunkin Donut right across the street.

See you tomorrow morning.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

9 hours ago, Murf915 said:

We are coming up Saturday morning with our three single axle macks, does anybody know what time the show starts saturday?

Someone should be at the registration area by 8am (for sure by 9am).  Saturday morning will be busy.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

So far it has been a typical Macungie event..rain followed by a some more rain. I think it is supposed to clear up soon. Not too muddy yet.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Saturday morning and they are starting to really roll in now. The weather has cleared and it looks like it will be a great show.

About 40 of us went to the TK last night. Great turn out and nobody did anything they'll regret or at least will admit they did.

Edited by fxfymn
  • Like 2

There is going to be one special Mack there this year that is a real eye catcher!! 

The AP bus?

This is Friday morning not Saturday. 

How right you are. What can I say; I'm retired and unless I read the paper I don't know what day of the week it is. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

They announced yesterday, Friday, that 500 trucks were already on the grounds. The weather is beautiful today so come on down as they say.