Making a 2000 CH 613 into a superliner

Hello everyone, I figured if I wanted to do something I better talk with the experts on everything Mack. I have a 2000 CH 613 set forward axle day cab, it's a great little truck with an E7 that likes to knip the heels of those big cats. Even though it's set up with all the features I like, the modern amenities. I've still been in love with the superliner. Knowing I can't get out of this truck what I've got in it and trying to find a good superliner is getting harder and harder, I was wondering if putting a superliner cab on this frame with the hood would be possible? My thoughts were finding an RD cab between the years of 97 to 2001 would work as far as having all the electronics plug right in. And also wondering if the Superliner hood would fit over the radiator and air to air without any modifications.I know making the mounts for the hood and cab are part of it, I've worked in fab shops for years so that's nothing beyond my capability. Just wondering if anyone's ever done anything like this before.

Thanks for any help

Chris

I also flirt with that kind of idea but not able to get a set forward axle CH overhere, CX Visions only.

You should double check frames' front part similaryty, it might be so.

If rails and spring hangers aren't of the same style I wouldn't go with deep modifications.

An RD cab you mention has the same cowl form as a RW at the left only. The right side where an air cleaner is mounted is different and must be reworked.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I wanted to make my 95 rd into a superliner but everyone on here Said its not worth it and not possible so i gave up and I bought a pete 379

I bought this instead

Cost 3 times as much as the mack but oh well at this point.

post-11750-0-21738100-1449969576_thumb.jpost-11750-0-68622200-1449969786_thumb.j

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I think it's only limited by your imagination. I reckon if you were to go ahead you'd wanna look at lots of different ways to mount up the hood as that's is going to be your biggest hurdle.

I'll post a pic of my dads Mack when I get a chance as it has a clever way to mount the hood.

If you do go ahead with it, be sure to document it and take lots of pics cause it would make interesting reading.

• Like 2

Maybe you could take the ch hood and hybridize a superliner hood together. The end result would be cool,of course you would need to be a fiberglass wizard, but with a lot of planning and cutting I think it could be done. The best part is you could get a second hood and not have to blow your truck all apart.

I think it's only limited by your imagination. I reckon if you were to go ahead you'd wanna look at lots of different ways to mount up the hood as that's is going to be your biggest hurdle.
I'll post a pic of my dads Mack when I get a chance as it has a clever way to mount the hood.
If you do go ahead with it, be sure to document it and take lots of pics cause it would make interesting reading.

Timmy,

If you'd be able to show us how the hood is attached to the frame on Aussie RW2 I'm two thumbs up to see it.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

It's a tractor, CH613, 200 inch wheel base, air ride, lightweight specs. It's a nice light truck, good for big pay load. That's why I thought it would be cool to convert. It makes me wonder if the R cab and rw hood are lighter than the CH? I also know about the RD cab with the air cleaner intake, I'd just cut out the hood or change the cowl. I already have an idea for the cab mounting, just curious about radiator/air to air fitting in the Superliner hood. No Superliner || around to get dimensions.

Edited by cbooker

If it's a nice truck, I think you would be making a mistake doing something like this to it. Sell your truck, and buy what you want. There are nice S/L's around. I would be fearful of having a truck that nobody will want. If you did this, you would be creating a monster.

• 1 month later...

I think it could be done since the Superliners sit higher on the frame than the RD's. I think since they are higher, hood clearance shouldn't be as big a problem. But I would change the side panels and use the Superliner hood. I don't think the wire harnesses would interchange, you may have to change the engine harness to the RD's.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this idea! We had an '01 CH613 w/460XT and 18spd catch fire in the parking lot one night and I hate to part the thing out so brother and I were just having this same exact conversation last week. I don't have anything to loose but time and money in a cab and hood. Regardless we have to buy a cab and hood so what the heck. I'll post pics when we get started...

• Like 2

Cool love to see, I thought I read somewhere that a superliner is 120 inches from front of hood to back of cab which is 8 inches longer than the CH, rough guess. I haven't been on here for a while because of a little conflict at work, I need a sleeper truck now instead of a day cab! Now don't know what to do.

A CH/Superliner with Sleeper would be sharp!!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE