Ok so we got the hood on the U, but it wont set down right. The fiberglass rib hits the front of the cab and wont let it go down and the hinges are all the way forward. We also tried raising the front of the cab but it didn't solve the problem. The vent in the center of the cab by the windshield is also too far to the drivers side so the hood will set down on top of it a little. Any one had this issue before? Suggestions? Something has to be shimmed somewhere

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Ok so we got the hood on the U, but it wont set down right. The fiberglass rib hits the front of the cab and wont let it go down and the hinges are all the way forward. We also tried raising the front of the cab but it didn't solve the problem. The vent in the center of the cab by the windshield is also too far to the drivers side so the hood will set down on top of it a little. Any one had this issue before? Suggestions? Something has to be shimmed somewhere

Vinny I'm sure you'll get it straightened out! Good luck with it!

Did you have the cab off? Did the hood fit before? If it did and you have the hinge adjustment as far forward as possible, I myself would loosen all the cab mounts a bit (semi snug) wiggle the cab back and to the right some. You can align the cab pretty close and get the final adjustments from the hinges. That's what I personally would do, others may have better ideas. Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Than I would align the cab to the hood by adjusting the cab. Lot of work but may be the only solution.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Look over both the hood and the cab to find out any traces of old repairs wich could change their form.

If find any make your mind on how to correct it. Or swap the entire thing (sorry but might be a way).

If nothing of that shows out look over cab mounting points to move it the way you need.

Any mounting brackets might be deformed/modified or improperly installed either.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I'd get everything loose and pull the cab back as much as possible and see if the hood can be made to fit that way. I would also verify that the cab is not leaning forward a above. If you cannot get proper spacing that way you may need to elongate holes enough to make it work along with some slight shimming to lean it back. You just don't want it to be visible of course. How far off is it?

The cab might be too far forward. It'll take a bit but loosen the cab mounts and try to slide it back a little. That would be enough to screw things up. 1/8 of an inch here 1/10 of and inch there all adds up in the big picture. This is the not so fun part of restoring trucks son! Good luck! :twothumbsup: P.S. Your still way ahead of me! I still don't have one! LMAO! :loldude:

• Like 1