• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so the find story. Back then I was a Trooper assigned to the Aviation Unit, I've retired since. We had three Cessna 182's we did various things with, including marijuana eradication. Our Narcotics

Radiator Monday. It's complete, just need to modify a bracket for the shutters. I'll tighten everything again before it goes in. I'll leak check it when the weather warms too.

DONE, DONE, DONE!!!! Final patches on the lower windshield pillars installed and cleaned up the gutters. Test fit the doors and all is well with no rubbing. Obviously, I need to tweak a lot of li

Posted Images

4 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

If it’s not too much trouble to share, where did you get the dust curtains and are you satisfied with them?  That may be a good solution for a problem in my shop.  Thanks, Andy

No problem. I started by googling “sliding dust curtain”. Up came a bunch of sights, and chose AKON Curtain and Divider. 

www.curtain-and-divider.com

They had what I was looking for and were easy to work with. Took about 30 days to get the order, from the first call. Many options and products to choose from. Installation was easy, I did it by myself in about three hours for both curtains. So far I’m very happy with them and should work great once I start spraying and for any dusty projects.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, hicrop10 said:

Matt,what are you using for the curtains and if you brought them where did you get them.The truck looks great,keep the pictures coming.

Scroll back a little, I posted the site where I got them. They’re a home run!! Keeps everything out of my shop side of the barn. Or just google, “sliding dust curtains “. These are working out so well, just have to clean one bay now, not the whole shop.

Nice to see!

And being gloss black the cab already looks fine. A layer of a clear coat and a big save on the red paint?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

Wow quite a while to get to this point... bob

Yes it has been quite a while to get here. As I’ve said all along, this cab is the worst part of this build and I knew it would take the longest. Once it’s done the pace should pick up.

Edited by mattb73lt
5 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

is that lizard skin on the inside of door? If yes you will find how there will be little to nil tinny sound when you close the doors

Yes, it is. I also did the back wall and roof. Back wall came out good, roof not as much as it was difficult to cover. I did end up doing the inside of the fire wall, instead of the face for several reasons.

• Like 2