B-73 Restoration

Magnificent. 

I'm really new here, however, a long time enthusiast. .. "What is a Back Drop Manifold" .. they sound amazing, but did they serve a purpose? 

Addl: is it the same as a "Split Manifold"? 

Many Thanks. Respectfully, Daniel. 

1 hour ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I can’t wait to see the next episode of “As the Bulldog Turns”. That truck is freakin’ awesome. 

Did you figure out what was up with the air pressure that one time? Governor, maybe?

No, i think it was just messing with me!! Hasn't done it since. I put another 50+ miles on it today, so I'm up to 210 miles total and 110 on the new motor. Admittedly, I'm still a little gun shy about running it after the first time it blew up. I'm alert to every smell, noise and vibration, but so far all is OK. I'll make a video soon of a road test.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

No, i think it was just messing with me!! Hasn't done it since. I put another 50+ miles on it today, so I'm up to 210 miles total and 110 on the new motor. Admittedly, I'm still a little gun shy about running it after the first time it blew up. I'm alert to every smell, noise and vibration, but so far all is OK. I'll make a video soon of a road test.

They do that just to show who is boss. How is the ride without the body?

• Like 2

Not as many chances of stopping with a single drive

I've had cans smashed off when in a road train and I dont even notice until I actually stop at a stop sign 

There are so many air tanks that it takes a good long application for the pressure to drop enough to notice

Not a good thing but it shows the huge amount of difference those extra tanks of air and the extra cans make a huge difference 

Paul 

• Like 2