B-73 Restoration

My neighbor has a truck with a bed  similar to that I am going to try to talk him into selling it I’ve been driving right by it for 17 years and never really noticed how perfect it would fit on the DM till just recently 

My welding supplier just told me the end of July for Stellite hard facing?  Um, wth am I suppose to weld with??

Saw a couple customers last week, one told me that an OEM took 9 months to get him a new extruder screw.  I don't feel bad when we are 6 months behind.  No materials, no help.  We're just screwed all the way around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I will agree there are supply chain issues, these nitwit's gave it no effort. It was a 20 minute search and a few phone calls. The parts for this pump are readily available, it's a common Vickers pump, albeit old. I had to ship it to Michigan, but they were able to readily ID it and confirmed they had the parts for it. As for the hydraulic cylinders, they took the long one apart that pushes the bed in and out and looked at it. That was about it. When I asked over the months were we were with, they were waiting for answers from a supplier. When they had questions of me for what they were, I always answered promptly. Then they were telling me it would probably cost in excess of $4K to rebuild all three. The other shop was saying about $2K and would be done in a few weeks. The local shop has done work for me before, but since covid, their abilities have dropped way off. I'm not sure how they'll stay in business continuing this way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

great to read all the positive on road test . when bravely doing a highway run ; did you have rear flaps  on?    That's a perfect picture for a calendar . body head board going full cab coverage or partial ?  body and proper pinstriping ; you've created a masterpiece. 

• Like 2

Gold leaf pin stripe, very cool idea, very "Spirit of Progress" look to it, you would have to probably Google that, the Spirit of Progress was Australias first streamlined train in the 30s with a art deco style and gold leaf stripes from end to end https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Progress

Finding the right person to do it, well thats a whole different story

I'm sure you weren't thinking gold leaf but, hey, I'm allowed to be silly as it isn't my truck

Paul