B-73 Restoration

In all honesty it has probably been all for the best to haveall these engine dramas, I know it probably doesnt feel that way but I think it will work out that way

It will be a brand new motor and if looked after will out last and give hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles 

To me that's a good result and the pain of doing all this extra work and expense will soon be forgotten 

Paul

• Like 2

Been almost 50 years I almost completely forgot I used to turn brake drums and rotors myself in a gulf full service station … and like Paul says lots of dough, hopefully live long enough to enjoy it right now my wife is starting to complain about me putting another five grand into my DM. What am I going to do with that drunken dinosaur after you croak I’ll  never see your money.. I am hoping if and when that happens, she can at least get a quick eight gees out of it. Ha ha…. Bob

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, thats some serious looking bling you have there 

Im glad your feeling much better about this machine shop

When I must send work out to be done, having that feeling of confidence in the ability of the people doing the job is so important to me

Paul

• Like 2

My God those heads look amazing thanks for the post and yes I don’t know where to have anything done like that around here. Hopefully I will never need any High Tech stuff done other than rotors and drums ha ha thanks for letting us know…. Bob

Yes , that picture of the “Jig” timing tool brings back a lot of memories, ours was a “Sweeney “.  I remember the fellow that showed me how to set it up ran a Bunch of 220s in Emeryvilles ( that’s where my Backdrop came from) . As he was turning the engine I was writing it down on a piece of notebook paper , kinda like a cheat sheet, so I could get it in my head  I still have it. Just like h67st said , he hammered me on watching those gauges! I’m sure  if you got a “ Timing Class “ from the Mahoney’s It will be perfect! 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Fresh coocked" pistons look awesome! Are they througly cleaned or NOS ones?

Oversized valve guides could be custom fabricated. But having a good spare head I'd go your way. 

Once again, good luck on smooth and speedy assembly.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012