B-73 Restoration

21 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

WOW!! I haven’t seen it in person yet, but my upholsterer sent these pics to me late today of his progress. I should be picking up the cab early next week and I can’t wait. What a beautiful job!!!

DF3FBD40-AE63-4BA0-9851-C9C21C45B678.jpeg

67E311FF-DD26-4E1D-8862-7581792E7B19.jpeg

2ACA5C23-A6AD-4A1D-A39E-98F5AAE113CF.jpeg

Drool, drool, drool !!! :):):)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 minute ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It was looking as expected until I saw the seats, a modern touch 

Its come up well and you should be proud 

Paul

My one concession, other than the electric wipers. I needed a little bit of comfort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Horse said:

Looks  great Matt.  And the guy you took it to made all the complete headliner? Old stuff good enough to serve as templates??

Yes, over in Watertown, CT. I removed what was left of the interior and saved it in a box. It was so brittle, it crumbled easily. I was only able to save two pieces relatively intact. I spent several hours taping the pieces together to build bigger pieces, then sandwiched those pieces between pieces of cardboard. Took all that to the upholsterer with the cab. That along with an L model picture book and photos I took at shows over the years was what he used to build the headliner and back wall. He modified the back wall to cover where the two man bench was as I’m using two bucket seats instead. He said the pieces and pictures were very helpful. I’m very happy with what he did, really great work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A VERY good job!! Your man who made it for you must have had a lot of patience also!!!

It took me a minute to figure out what the vertical sliders were in the back corners..  Did The L model only have exhaust louver type vents?? Does the air inlet come thru the heater system? Do those sliding doors seal well enough to prevent heat loss??? Are you adding AC??

Brocky

Hi Matt

You mention air conditioning. We fitted Vintage air, mounts under the dash and excellent cooling and heating, especially with the lizard skin. I will try posting some pictures as I have not been able to post like a number of the guys on here.

• Like 1

Hi Matt

I have tried to post a picture of our under dash Vintage air unit, but cant post it. I see you have the original heater unit/box under the dash, so I think that with the original heater box and the fire wall, it is unlikely the Vintage Air unit will fit in the space you have.

You can check the Vintage Air web page to see what air con units they have, good luck and it's looking fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...