Sharp looking truck there. I love the colors...color is gone out of everything they make these days except for maybe a few mustangs and such. Pick any shade of gray you want as long as it's gray.

Actually it is any shade of black or white and most have black/charcoal interiors.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Drove my b into work today and was told put it front and center of the new truck line up.

I see a beautiful truck surrounded by this year's pay raise. :blush:

I don't know about ECM, but the initial order for the red flavor is only 80 this year. I hope they bump that up since we're growing at a good rate and still run a bunch of older equipment.

Interesting that they have a one piece windshield. Two piece seems like the more economical choice since 99% of breakage occurs to the left or right of center. Ironically, when ECM was running IH 9400's (prior to Pitt Ohio ownership), they were the first that I'd seen with two piece windshields when most of the 2000 model year and up had a one piece.

• Like 1

Jim

I see a beautiful truck surrounded by this year's pay raise. :blush:

I don't know about ECM, but the initial order for the red flavor is only 80 this year. I hope they bump that up since we're growing at a good rate and still run a bunch of older equipment.

Interesting that they have a one piece windshield. Two piece seems like the more economical choice since 99% of breakage occurs to the left or right of center. Ironically, when ECM was running IH 9400's (prior to Pitt Ohio ownership), they were the first that I'd seen with two piece windshields when most of the 2000 model year and up had a one piece.

Thanks you all for the nice comments! ECM got a bunch of trucks that's all I've seen for the last several weeks. All day cabs and even a few with blowers on them for their dry bulk service. I haven't seen any Pitt-Ohio yet. They did buy some Volvo sleepers for that freight company out of Toledo that they own as well. I can't remember they name. They were all "balboa blue" I do remember that. The pinnacles are available with one piece or two piece windshields. I hate changing out that style windshield. I wish the old style center locking strip style were still in production. They are a zip to change out.

It was May or June last year when I first started seeing new tractors at Pitt. Freightliner straight trucks have been arriving so maybe they want to get those in service first and then bring in the tractors to avoid overburdening the shops with prep work.

I wonder if the two piece windshield is a higher cost option? I can't help but think the decision is "financially motivated" and possibly, based on past experience, it was decided that it was more cost effective to go this route despite the higher replacement cost. Or, maybe someone screwed up.

The Toledo company is Motor Carrier Service aka MCS.

Jim