Group 31 battery's

Talk about a day late and a dollar short. Stadium International Olyphant,Pa. had a sle on 925 amp batteries $77.00 with exchange. It was there November sale. If you have an IH Dealer near you try them.Through the years I used all the brands you named and never any problems with them. Joe D.

Always had good luck with Napa and Interstate and Delco. Had a Napa freeze a few years ago and they stood behind it, even though it was not the batteries fault. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Remember, several brands of batteries may be built by one company (example East Penn), does not mean they are built to the same specs.

My batteries are Bulldog brand (Willoughby, OH)(no idea who made them)(these are NOT MACK Bulldog batteries) that I bought in 2011 and so far so good (keep a battery maintainer on them October thru April).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

have had better luck with Napa batteries. id stay far away from Federated always had good luck with Deka and I have some other brand in my B model that came from Cook Brothers(Utica,Binghamton Ny and Scranton Pa) dunno what they are but they are black with bright blue lettering. they are by far the best batteries I have ever had. Usually you can get better batteries from a Cat or John Deere equipment dealer also.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't buy an Exide POS battery under any circumstances. I owned some Exide stock years ago, thought it was a good investment when they brought in Bob Lutz (from Chrysler) to run the company.

2 years later he bailed and the thing went surprise BK - tits up. My stock then worthless.

Lutz musk of have quickly learned how dishonest an enterprise they were. They lost Sears and some other major retailers when it was discovered they we taking used and recycled batteries and putting them in new cases and selling them as new. Bad stewards of the environment too, EPA problems with contaminated properties. One generation of thieving management ruined an old and once-proud company.

I am prolly going to jinx myself,but I bought 2 group 31,900CCA INTERSTATE blems (returns that get recharged/rechecked then sold "as is/no warranty") before even buying the unrestored at the time BCR. They have been in said truck since MAY 2001 (no B.S.)! Don't ask me how or why they have lasted so long. The truck sits in cold storage,nowhere near any electric (for a charger),in the spring I prime the fuel pump,give it a small whiff of ether, and away it goes! When I was running my '90 RD, I used Exide (factory batteries at that time) & Bulldog batteries. Usually got 4 years service out of them before replacing all 4 as soon as 1 or 2 started falling off.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I am prolly going to jinx myself,but I bought 2 group 31,900CCA INTERSTATE blems (returns that get recharged/rechecked then sold "as is/no warranty") before even buying the unrestored at the time BCR. They have been in said truck since MAY 2001 (no B.S.)! Don't ask me how or why they have lasted so long. The truck sits in cold storage,nowhere near any electric (for a charger),in the spring I prime the fuel pump,give it a small whiff of ether, and away it goes! When I was running my '90 RD, I used Exide (factory batteries at that time) & Bulldog batteries. Usually got 4 years service out of them before replacing all 4 as soon as 1 or 2 started falling off.

I have had a Cat battery in a cat 242 that made it 9 years, 4000 hours in some pretty rough service. Then one day it just gave out completly. If you have been frustrated by the hasles and costs of short battery life, it is really nice when one lasts. Lately they seem to get stolen before they have a chance to go bad.

• Like 2

agree RSD501. few farmers been getting ripped of in Upstate Ny recently. thieves came in the night and cut the cables right off a farmers new granite, about 4 Dmm's, one R model and a few Dm's and a few new huge John Deere tractors probably would piss me off more the bastards cut the cables right off rather than stealin my batteries!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Few weeks ago

Friend of mine called me .

He said the R model

Is steaming from under hood

He is almost 80 so he asked if I

Would look at it so I went over

Someone cut the radiator off with sawzall just core

Tanks still there anyone else see that done before?

What a mess they also got two chevy pickups just pryed out radiator with bar

Cut hoses with knife .

We put up some game cameras and one sends info to cell phone turned out to be his neighbors kids

Cops caught them on a return trip for more stuff after camera told him they were in his yard

He just called cops they blocked in their pickup and walked in with owner and arrested them

agree RSD501. few farmers been getting ripped of in Upstate Ny recently. thieves came in the night and cut the cables right off a farmers new granite, about 4 Dmm's, one R model and a few Dm's and a few new huge John Deere tractors probably would piss me off more the bastards cut the cables right off rather than stealin my batteries!

There was a bunch of thefts here of batteries, diesel fuel and anything copper. Thieves even stole all the Aluminum ramps from the U-Haul trucks. First cold snap I had 100 gallons of diesel taken from an irrigation pump. I marked the tank "Gasoline Only" left about 20 gallons of diesel in it. A few days later we found a kid a mile away broke down, seems his Honda died from 10 gallons or so diesel fuel in the tank. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I just replaced the battery's in my pickup yesterday I bought two duralast from autozone 5 year warranty they installed while I watched replaced two ac delco 78 month 800 CCA with 950 CCA I new early last spring when I had the truck in the auto body shop the did not disconnect and they left the door open over a weekend would not start when I went to pick up so they jumped it off after sitting for a week or so with out running would barley crank but 2 old start I had to take my daughter to the orthodontist yesterday morning 24 degrees truck sitting two weeks went to crank turned over about two three times than nothing dragged the charger up from the shop and jumped it off. Z $123 ea plus used a coupon was $210 after tax

I have decent luck with oreilly brand and they are less than napa with same warranty gap 31 in my area are $98

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."