Can I borrow your hammer?

RowdyRebel

Wtf?! Does is set nails for you too, or made of solid gold with "authentic looking wood vaneer"?

Apparently it drives them too for that price! "All right hammer, get over there and drive nails until I tell you to stop, i'm gonna go get some lunch."

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I haven't priced red wings for years , I started buying Nicks boots hand made in Spokane Wa. a new pair of standard Loggers with 10 in. uppers are $360. and re builds are $220 I think. had two pairs rebuilt and bought one new pair cause I would of been barefoot waiting for the rebuilds 8 -10 weeks to done, but very good boots!

I had a pair of Rocky boots...fit GREAT! Wore the all of the time for a year or two until the seams started splitting. Bought another pair...same style, size, model number, etc...loose and sloppy on my foot and really uncomfortable. They still look new 'cuz I quit wearing 'em and bought some other boots that fit better. I guess Rocky changed their sizing when they moved their manufacturing elsewhere.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

NO that's a hammer made in a union shop hauled by union labor, made from renewable resources smelted with solar and wind power ,packaged in eco friendly recycled containers that leave a zero carbon foot print ,engineered to be used by a person with ultra low green house gas emissions, and only strikes recycled "green" nails!!!!!!!!!!!! Its the first in a line of government approved hand tools !!!!! green house gas emission monitor sold separately!!!

$100 additional for left handed option.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I guess if you swing a hammer for a living, then you want as light as weight as possible. I know talking with the guy that did my roof, he talks about about these "special" hammers and how expensive they are. Guess this is one of them?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Problem with a light-weight hammer is that it just doesn't drive the nails with as much force. What good does it do to have an easier hammer to swing if you have to swing it twice as many times? Just don't make any sense to me...ESPECIALLY at 3 to 4 times the price of a "normal" hammer.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

You know that titanium one weights 14 ounces with a wood handle for $89, You an buy a Stanley 14 ounce for $24 with a fiberglass handle and a lifetime warrenty, so whats the advantage? Showing people you got took? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

ha good point on the usa red wings. I remember when the USA made loggers were $168.99 out the door and theyd throw in some redwing oil. now the cheap made blems are 168.99 and the USA ones are $244.99 with no oil, BUT they do come with cheap laces free that wont stay tied unless you double knot them everytime! and your lucky to get 6 months out of them now a days.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Maddog : thats why I switched I used to wear red wings, then Chippewa then hawthorn, then whites and finally nicks I almost always bought the best boots I could afford , but when I could no longer get a year and a half out of a pair I would switch boot builders my last nicks had 25 months on them and needed to be resoled ,since I don't oil them as often as I should I needed them rebuilt, ......but they still lasted 9 months longer than any other high end boot I could find......guess that's why nicks has a waiting list, and whites(another custom boot builder in Spokane) don't.