Sold in Iowa.

yarnall

Got a call from Carl about this listing in Hemmings. Unfortunately or fortunately it was already sold. I asked if Mike Harbison had bought it but he had not. I thought he bought al the old trucks in Iowa. You never know what is still out here in a barn.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/mack/unspecified/1655453.html#PhotoSwipe1404428921264

Mike

Damn Mike, sorry you missed it.

If anyone knows of any hose bed lights like the ones on this rig please let me know. I really need a set for my 25AB.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

If anyone knows of any hose bed lights like the ones on this rig please let me know. I really need a set for my 25AB.

The lights look nautical to me...... Anyone know who the maker was?

Yep, they are the strangest lights I have ever seen on a fire truck. Mack used them in 1925 & 26, and maybe some other years as well. They almost look like a coach light.

Not to hijack the thread, but I wonder if anyone recognizes them from another Mack application. (bus maybe?)

I doubt I'll never find them, but I thought the same thing about the tail light and I found an original on eBay. Go figure.

post-2016-0-41714000-1404653732_thumb.jp

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Yep, they are the strangest lights I have ever seen on a fire truck. Mack used them in 1925 & 26, and maybe some other years as well. They almost look like a coach light.

Not to hijack the thread, but I wonder if anyone recognizes them from another Mack application. (bus maybe?)

I doubt I'll never find them, but I thought the same thing about the tail light and I found an original on eBay. Go figure.

They are U.S. Navy Top Most Mast Head Lights from the late 1890's to about 1940 /41. This is one style I can lay my hands on at the moment. I have 4 or 5 similar styles in my barn. This one is from 1919 and was flipped and converted to a porch light by my grandfather. Paul

post-3242-0-85287100-1404699910.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

FYI on a ship mast they were visible for 6 to 8 miles with the fluted lens. Clear lens the will act like a flood light and give maybe 50 or 75 feet of effective light. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks Paul; The information that the members have here never ceases to amaze me.

Albert; I weighed the purchase of the AK and decided that I still wanted to be married, or at least that is what my wife tells me, so I called Mike.

• Like 1

Head to Norfolk, Hampton Roads or around Chesapeake and hit the Maritime antique shops you'll find them in single or double stack lamps. Tugs and such ran them to the 60's. Probably won't find nickle plated only brass. Most were made by OSLO or N.Y.C. Maritime Electric. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Please explain.

What They For (?)

P.T.CHESHIRE

White Trash Farmer?

Auto parts lingo probably...Will This Fit??

P.T.CHESHIRE