It's an F model. The headlights make it look like an IH Emeryville. Looks pretty good. The serial number plate should be o. The driver's door. If you post that someone will tell you what engine it had originally. Good luck. Mike.

Only Quad lights I've seen on R's were on a few Fire Trucks and Australian R's.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yup,Hayward (Western) F-Models were available with quad headlights for a short time,and I agree with Mike,shuold be a 335 Cummins,all early Cummins blocks were based on the 355 series block casting. Nice straight western bumper BTW!.........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yup, absolutely a Hayward F-Model. The dead-ringer give away is the aluminum step with the two cutout. Also the different style radiator cowl (bigger, for a bigger radiator for bigger engines......) Rjkwelding, if you send your serial number to the Mack Museum they will send you copies of whatever they have in the factory archives. You want to email it to Don Schumacker at the Museum. The wait is 8-10 weeks. Make sure you send a nice donation when you receive your box in the mail, you will understand why when you receive it.

My father ran a single screw Hayward F-Model with a 300 and a 5-speed with a 2-speed Rockwell rear. He worked for a trailer broker (Charles E Danbury) and delivered brand new trailers out of the Trailmobile factory in West Point, Pa. near Philly for years. Put about 700 large on the clock of that one (bought it used.) By the time he finished with it (rotted out) it had a million plus.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Wow thanks for all the info guys! I'll try to get the sn number as the truck is 3 hrs away ....and from what I seen there is little rust ..but he says the cab mounts are broke or? Because he says the throttle will stick open if you turn to the right ha ha ..I don't get the box or the lift ..was thinking of putting a flat bed on it or a fifth wheel ..

Damn not only an F model but a western that looks pretty solid from the pics, nice find, who cares about the headlights, anybody that has driven at night with the old single lights knows why they did it(they suuuuuck).

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 8 years later...

It's definitely late 60's (67-69)

F model, but those double headlights & their qtr panels look added. Like the Australian models. The Cummins and tranny aren't factory. Typically they'd have came with one of the "Maxi" series combinations. As Mack was still making their own engines, and at that time had introduced the 5sp. The horsepower & torque was enough to handle that type of ratio spread it had in the last 2 gears. With less down shifting while climbing, and enough speed in 5th. That you weren't in the way. My dad's was an F model w/a twin turbo V8/5sp. Back then 80-85mph was fast for a truck with 411 rears. Also typical for the time. Growing up in the 70's in trucking was great! 

• Like 1