Super Trucker Saturday

rsb502

A few years ago, I was detoured into a residential neighborhood to get around a large structure fire. I eased my way through with several wires riding the top of the trailer as I passed under. One wire somehow got caught on a burr or something and was down as soon as the slightest bit of tension was put to it. Turned out to be the cable tv for a day care in one of the houses. About 1/2 a dozen or so preschoolers that will hate truckers for the rest of their lives.

• Like 1

Jim

Saw this on the news. Probably not a supertrucker but this R model pulling a box was a bit high or the wire was too low. Pulled the front of the building off with the wire.

7154952_G.jpg

Wow, I wonder what shape the building was in to begin with. I have seen a few brick facades that were holding together with the paint the sprayed on it because if they used a brush they would have knocked it down.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

A few years ago, I was detoured into a residential neighborhood to get around a large structure fire. I eased my way through with several wires riding the top of the trailer as I passed under. One wire somehow got caught on a burr or something and was down as soon as the slightest bit of tension was put to it. Turned out to be the cable tv for a day care in one of the houses. About 1/2 a dozen or so preschoolers that will hate truckers for the rest of their lives.

Similar story: My only "wire down" incident was trying to navigate a residential street in an old town, with a genie Z-60-34 on the deck of the roll off. Saw leaves and branches flying, then out of the corner of my eye, a wire whipping through the air.... Cable TV was hung lower than everything else. Measured before I left, was 13'4" to the top of the beacon on the genie.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Jim, we must have similar paths! back in my moving van days,i was delivering a job into an Old/Historic neighborhood in Cape May,NJ customers house was near the end of a cul-de-sac (sp?) anyway,i navigated just fine going in,got turned around at the end just fine (single axle GMC Astro,48ft. moving van) got the job all done and headed out later that day,not taking into consideration the "crown" in the road. Well as I was leaving on the same street I came in on,i noticed a "booiiinnngg" type sound every few seconds,never thought much of it at the time. Long story short,i had taken out every single cable tv wire on the street (most were still hanging on the frame between tractor/trailer) there were more then a few pissed off blue-hairs wating for me at the end of the street,no Judge Judy today! one of the few times trucking I was in fear of my life!....................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

just imagine in some neighborhoods if you took out the Opah Win-fey show

BTW-I only take out the power to the landfill

I avoid streets that have low wires/trees

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

when they had a detour on 83 coming out of Baltimore a few years back. Well quite a few I had to go back east then north and make another left come out just south of the Pa welcome center. Idk how many cables I took down but I never stopped

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"