Super Trucker Saturday

rsb502

You lads dont carry chains ?????? out here we would just back on down and hook on and help a fella out Im guessing mate ship runs a bit deeper in Australia then the rest of the world even if we didnt have a chain with us it wouldnt take us long to get the word around and get old mate back on the road guess we are all a bit different

Paul

mrsmackpaul-the idea of helping others has changed dramatically here. One-the drivers nowadays don't know what makes the truck go, so how can they help you. Also, without a computer, you can't figure out why the truck just shut down. The second item is a language barrier in many places. I'm in Florida and if you don't know Spanish/Cuban, you won't get much.

I try to help if I can. Just yesterday, one of them Cuban truckers had a coolant line busted. I happen to have the size he needed. Offered tools, clamps and coolant too. "Tank you mang, tank yu"

BTW-is it true what they say about an Australian Kiss?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

You lads dont carry chains ?????? out here we would just back on down and hook on and help a fella out Im guessing mate ship runs a bit deeper in Australia then the rest of the world even if we didnt have a chain with us it wouldnt take us long to get the word around and get old mate back on the road guess we are all a bit different

Paul

I'm gonna have to agree with Mr.Hancock, hatcity, and slpwlker on this one. And to add to what they said most of these big

fleets don't want the drivers to touch anything, don't try fixing, pushing or pulling, just sit there and for good reason. Like

Hatcity said most of these guys have no clue how these trucks work, they can barely drive them. So you give a chain to

two dummies and the next thing that happens is one ties it around the back axle of the trailer and gives it hell and then

"poof" instead of a tow bill now you have a major repair and a tow bill. It really is sad to say but sometimes your better off

walking away from most of this stuff.

different part of the world different set of rules quite sad if you ask me that no one helps someone out for fear of doing something wrong just another reason why I love the wide brown land I guess

Paul

I always thought i'd like to visit, but there's killer spiders and snakes everywhere and they wouldn't let me bring a flamethrower with me.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I always thought i'd like to visit, but there's killer spiders and snakes everywhere and they wouldn't let me bring a flamethrower with me.

Mate snakes and spiders no problem its them wild woman that will lead you astray and you if you get bitten just do what we locals do bite them back :D

If you dont like snakes better go to New Zealand they have none ( I dont think you will find any New Zealanders either they all seem to be over here )

Paul

Tom

Go out in the back yard and dig up one of your coffee cans full of cash!!!!!! Then you can join us on the ATHS tour!!! At my age it is going to be a once in a lifetime experience.. Supposed to be close to 2000 trucks in Alice Springs.. Plus some of the top tourist stops..

Brocky

Brocky

Tom

Go out in the back yard and dig up one of your coffee cans full of cash!!!!!! Then you can join us on the ATHS tour!!! At my age it is going to be a once in a lifetime experience.. Supposed to be close to 2000 trucks in Alice Springs.. Plus some of the top tourist stops..

Brocky

That's a great idea, I do happen to have a big 3 lb. coffee can almost full of cash- too bad it's all coins though. I put all my pocket change in it all year and take it to the bank when it's about full, usually has close to $300 in it...I hope that'll be enough!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Stopped in a left turn lane? Wtf man are there no parking lots in that state, idiots.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 3 weeks later...

These pictures were sent to me about a year ago by fellow BMT'er Macknutt. This truck pulled into his place of work to deliver

but he was at the wrong place, so he decided to flip around and head out. Looks like he miscalculated and decided to take the

concrete blocks with him. I'll give him credit for dragging three of em that far. Did some custom damage to the suspension also.

He had to be towed out of there after this. Definitely a Super Trucker!

post-13943-0-16007600-1416675401_thumb.j

post-13943-0-29459300-1416675410_thumb.j

post-13943-0-63112000-1416675420_thumb.j