Super Trucker Saturday

rsb502

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not only that xdudebrahx, the pto / pump would howl so bad when engaged, you couldn't wait to disengage it! Also, I would catch myself hitting the DOWN position on the pump lever quite frequently on the way back after dumping. Jutsta habit,I guess!

I have to admit, I have driven with the pto engaged and didn't notice for about 2 miles. I thought the 8ll was shifting funny, but it was early on a cold morning. After that, and seeing some of the pictures of dump trucks stuck under bridges, i always lance in the mirror and check the box when I approach a bridge. I also always check the pto lever when starting the truck, several time somebody has started the trucks to raise the box and drain water or snow and then just shut the truck off with the pto still engaged. The when you start the truck in the morning and go drink coffee, you come back out to the pto grinding. The peterbilts you can start from stanging next to them, and there isnt any indicator light for the pto...

that run-away wagon did a pretty good job holding its lane.....lol.

Reminds me of last summer going to Sauble Beach and seeing a 3/4 ton van pulled over with his 20' utility trailer jammed up to the jack leg under the hitch.....and 3 dummies standing aoround scratching their heads holding prybars....just move the van ahaed and i GUARANTEE it will be easier to lift.....next time I bet someone will check the lock/pin

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Notice the first line on the safety sign on the boom....

post-14397-0-56362300-1422820992.jpg

.....almost as if it knew....

looks like it split the frame under the deck....Must've been some hit....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 3 weeks later...

That's no good! I agree,with all the fancy stuff on trucks now there is no way it should have been pushed! One of your companies trucks passed me this morning on the way in,was a black IH Prostar,pulling an empty flatbed........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It's nice to be able to go to places you've been before, like I do most of the time. But there was a first time I went to everywhere i've ever been too, as it is for everyone. Jobsite deliveries are the worst, some of the places we've taken the crane mats to in West Virginia and Pa. are not good places to be in a truck either, they might be off on some dirt road in the middle of nowhere, but you have to do it.

About all you can do is call the job site and hope they give you good directions. I went across rt. 16 from rt. 42 back over to I-81 once, not knowing any better. It was down right scary! Now it has a 35' length restriction on it but it didn't when I went across it.

Back in my former life of dump truckin', I delivered many a load of railroad track materials down deep in WV. (We delivered tie plates & spikes in bulk, track & ties came by flatbed.) Many jobsites were so far out, the foreman would tell you on the phone " just meet me at so-and-so store or gas station, because you'll never find us and your phone ain't gonna work down here"

Gregg

• Like 2

Know you heigth? OOH , you mean the trailer. . .THe dark blob in the middle of the first pic is a new SUV. . stuck in the bridge/

attachicon.gifcars-crushed-as-transporter-rams-bridge-photo-via-fox-16-news_100350518_m.jpg

attachicon.gifOriginal.jpg

I'm so glad all these car hauler fails are not Brothers blue trucks lol. We have had our share of oops,though

Gregg

I hauled cars for Allied Systems for a while a few years ago. You always measure the height of your load before you head out with it, and you always have to have an eye for overhead obstacles when you're driving a car carrier because you don't want to so much as put a scratch on a new car most dealers check them pretty close when you deliver them. And there's nothing on the overhead deck to keep you from driving off the end like that guy did. Looks like those guys got some explaining to do to their boss! Lol!

Hitting an bridge is cardinal sin #1 at Brothers Auto Transport. Means you didn't stick your load or you're on the wrong road.

Gregg

I've seen a good number of these pictures involving dump trucks,and my question is this (and yes I HAVE driven a dump trailer) is HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU NOT TELL/SEE THE BODY IS UP?????????????? effing ridiculous! do these guys not have mirrors on these trucks?...................................................Mark

With 2 levers and a warning lamp IDK...

A good idea on auto transporters is an interlock with the PTO and parking brake. I know it wouldn't work on a dump truck though.

Gregg

About two weeks ago I came across this container flipped over in a parking lot. I know how it happened to. The guys are

pulling 20ft cans that are loaded with corn or beans for export and usually have 46,000+ in the box. He must have decided

to dolly the trailer down for some reason. I bet he wasn't more than a foot away from it before it flopped on its side.

Hmmm rout47?

• 2 weeks later...