Got to love N.Y.

41chevy

A Suffolk County lawmaker said he doesn't believe anyone should ride a bicycle or motorcycle in the county -- an assertion he made in a letter to a 17-year-old whose mother was struck by a car while bicycling.

"My personal feeling is that no one who lives in our hamlet or for that matter in Suffolk County should ever ride a bicycle or motorcycle," wrote Legis. Thomas F. Barraga (R-West Islip) in his Jan. 29 letter. "Suffolk County is a suburban automobile community -- drivers expect to see other drivers on the road not bicyclists and motorcyclists. Therefore with the full backing of the Suffolk County Legislature and Goverener Cuomo , we have submitted a bill to ban the use of bicycles, go peds, scooters, motorcycles and other 2 wheel vehicles on all Suffolk County roads, lands and parks. Usage of N.Y.S. and Federal highways are exempt"

Glad I'm getting out. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

NO!!!!!!!

the Suffolk County Sheriffs will arrest said criminal and confiscate said vehicle.

Also, parent/guardian of said criminal MAY face criminal and/or civil action

41-you better move plans up soon. They will prolly tax you to leave

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

NO!!!!!!!

the Suffolk County Sheriffs will arrest said criminal and confiscate said vehicle.

Also, parent/guardian of said criminal MAY face criminal and/or civil action

41-you better move plans up soon. They will prolly tax you to leave

The father of the law. . . looks very sane and normal don't he??

post-3242-0-78842100-1392322154_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I want to reply, but how do you give a rational response to such an irrational statement.

But, (something's are just too easy) based on the pic he probably never learned to ride a bike as a kid and this is his way of getting even with all the other kids who teased him.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

WELL HERES YOUR CHANCE TO START A NEW BUSINESS, A BIKE PARK AND THEN GET THE 10YR. TAX GRACE THAT N.Y. IS ADVERTISING

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE BIKES AT ANY YARD SALE IF THE BILL PASSES FOR JUST HAULING THEM AWAY (PARENTS WILL BE AFRADE OF GOING TO JAIL IF THE KID SNEAKES THE BIKE OUT OF THE HOUSE)

I THOUGHT WESTERN WASH. WAS A BREEDING GROUND FOR IDIOTS!........ BUT NEW YORK WINS THE PRIZE..... GET OUT NOW!!!!

I knew that guy looked familiar

Scary! but trhis guy is a real Suffolk County Legislator

post-3242-0-48992500-1392343814.jpg

I own 3 Motorcycles, my fathers 1950 hydra-Glide, a 1972 Super Glide and a 1971 XL1000 Sportster. If they want them, they best bring body bags... a lot.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

The father of the law. . . looks very sane and normal don't he??

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks like they photo shopped the gold tooth and behind the scenes hand shake to the mob out of that photo!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That law, even if passed, will be tossed out by the first court that gets the opportunity to review it. FEDERAL LAW prohibits local governments from banning motorcycles from any road built or maintained with federal dollars. The American Motorcyclist Association lobbied hard for that protection in response to local governments passing motorcycle bans. Motorcycles pay fuel taxes...and if those federal fuel tax dollars have in any way been used to fund the construction, maintenance, or repair of a road, then motorcycles have every right to use it.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Hello!

I wonder why Mark put the treehuggers right into the conversation?? They would rather order everyone to use only bicycles. Anyhow, the story is wicked. I ride a bike every day when I go to work - saves me lots of gas money, gym money and helps the engine of my van last a lot longer, because it doesn't have to make the short trips. Less polution, traffic and so on. Like Gunny Hartman used to sing - "Good for you! Good for me!" :-)) If somebody banned it in my area, he would sure get some big minus points from me.

Have a nice day

Paweł

Well Pawel here's how it work over here. A certain class of people feel there better then the other. So one day they are stuck in traffic in there limo, and while looking around they see a lot of vehicles that aren't the most fuel efficient so they say let's penalize those people. So those people are smart they buy a motorcycle or bicycle and save money to survive. Then one day the man in the limo gets stuck behind a motorcycle or bicycle in town and thinks hey why don't we penalize those people. Soon there's nothing but limos on the road. It's the American way.

• Like 1

One problem is people think it's too stupid a law to get passed and poof it does. The Township of Oyster Bay passed a commercial vehicle parking ordnance for "private" property that if they had signage the could not be visible from the street. They had to be parked behind a fence, hedges or in a garage. The law was knocked down after a year by the courts. The rewritten law prohibited the parking of any commercial vehicle in any residential area if they were over 7 ft tall and 20 feet long. Passed and up held. The origin of the law was to help the Realtors selling homes..." no body want to by a home when there are dirty trucks in he neighborhood so agents are losing thousands of dollars in commisions". If the line they tell the general public why they need the regulations is convincing and since most people do not ride bikes or motorcycles and consider them "in the way" when they go on their self important trip to Starbucks, they could care less about it.

AS for the legality Do you seriously think any politician really gives a sh*t if it is legal or constitutional? If Obammamama and his crew don't worry or care about doing things legally and following the U.S. Constitution, why should they.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

What the Bullsh*t!!

Just couldn't imagine to hear something like that in the States.

I remember the posts about restrictions of having commercial vehicles on a private property and it looked like a limitation of the rights to that property to use i.e. own. Really sad, too sorry to learn such the things guys.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

What the Bullsh*t!!

Just couldn't imagine to hear something like that in the States.

I remember the posts about restrictions of having commercial vehicles on a private property and it looked like a limitation of the rights to that property to use i.e. own. Really sad, too sorry to learn such the things guys.

Only in a few areas and mostly on each coast. My Avatar is of my mail box holder. It is perfectly legal and not thing one my yuppie neighbors can do about it. It is art. :)

P.T.CHESHIRE