NOS B model Intregal sleeper cabs at Auction?

I own a 1961 B model intregal sleeper cab single axle that a younger collector is going to tackle restoration. Presently a long haired tom cat could be run through the cab's holes and not mess up his fur.

He has heard about (urban legend??) a warehouse sale where NOS B Model Intregal sleeper cabs were sold at auction.

Does anyone have such a cab for sale or a good used intregal sleeper cab??? Any info would be helpful. Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the funnies you all posted. There WAS A SALE OF NOS B MODEL SLEEPER CABS SOLD FROM A WAREHOUSE THAT STORED THE CABS FOR THE ORIGIONAL BODY BUILDERS. My friend has a friend who attended the auction but was not a B Model fan and did not bid on them. The warehouse auction occured in Pennsilvania about three years ago.

The B Model Sleeper cabs were sold. Where did the go ??? No little green men were seen holding bidder paddles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark

After going the the Fall Hersey Swap Meet every year since 1982, I've seen some amazing NOS parts come out of the wood work. Last year there was a Antique Motorcycle vender from New Hampshire with 4 NOS 1940 ULA motors in Cosmolene in crates. Wanted 10k apiece. A few years ago a few hundred NOS early 50's Military Ford Flathead V8's showed up. So it wouldn't really surprise me. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I bet the gov't has a bunch stored at Area 61.

Actually, they are in area 61B.

There are also some in area 41B, area 83B, and a couple in area 75B. These were in the optional material "unobtanium".

I also heard an unsubstantiated rumor of some odd-ball cabs in area 600R. These were in the even-rarer optional material "bull-shitium". If you find these, please put me down for 1.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I do remember reading a story some time ago,where a radio station (somewhere in the mid-west I think?) put away a 1958 Corvette roadster in a "time capsule" (cinder block building) to be opened by the winning ticket holder (if still alive,or his decendants) in the year 2000, sure enough they opened up the "vault" and the car had been almost completely ruined! seemed the bomb shelter had leaked,and the car had been sitting in 3 feet of water for all those years! Wish I could remember where I read the article,Hemmings Motor News maybe?......................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.