It followed me home, I guess i have to keep it

That's a super clean R it'll fit in there nice.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I went to Beckley, WV to look at it and then I had to have it. 89 R model 350, Mack 9 speed, 44,000 rears, wetline and only 157,000 miles. It was a WV turnpike truck. Its in pretty good shape. A little touch up paint an exhaust pipe elbow and a good cleaning and it should be ready to work .I have some pics of some older Macks The guy has if we can figure out how to get them off the wifes phone

Good luck nice nice!! If I were you I would check the top cover of your trans. If it is a T2090, I have a truck just like that but a year older and I also had a Superliner (89) with a 2090 both broke the forks and jammed the trans between the gears and broke the main shaft in the trans! IT IS A MACK PROB. And they make an updated cover!! Mack would not stand behind the failure, and if not for the service man. At Mack at the time I would not even known about the new cover that they put on the trans when they fixed it! I was not charged for the new cover!! So look into it, I don' know if anyone else has had the problem but I sure did! What a beautiful truck!!

BULLHUSK

PS my old Bull Dog works every day!!

That's a really nice rig! I used to stay in Beckley when I would go white water rafting on the New. We would go in the river in Thurmond.

I was in Thurmond last month...beautiful country. If you drive up the hill to the old town you'd better be ready for steep hills and narrow roads!

• Like 1

Lucky dog, pun intended, looks like a great truck and its from my neck of the woods im only 45 mins from beckley. The turnpike commission always had macks with a few exceptions thrown in the mix but they always took good care of their equipment. Great find and good luck with her

Thanks for the comments. I hope it works out. The Ch is getting tired and it will be awhile before I get the Superliner back on the road.

Good luck nice nice!! If I were you I would check the top cover of your trans. If it is a T2090, I have a truck just like that but a year older and I also had a Superliner (89) with a 2090 both broke the forks and jammed the trans between the gears and broke the main shaft in the trans! IT IS A MACK PROB. And they make an updated cover!! Mack would not stand behind the failure, and if not for the service man. At Mack at the time I would not even known about the new cover that they put on the trans when they fixed it! I was not charged for the new cover!! So look into it, I don' know if anyone else has had the problem but I sure did! What a beautiful truck!!
BULLHUSK
PS my old Bull Dog works every day!!

When I had my 84 r model I remember they had a recall on the 2090 so I was hoping they fixed the problem by the time this one was built.

Thanks for the comments. I hope it works out. The Ch is getting tired and it will be awhile before I get the Superliner back on the road.

When I had my 84 r model I remember they had a recall on the 2090 so I was hoping they fixed the problem by the time this one was built.

WOW, Thay musta forgot about me!! LOL Like I said I never got a recall or anythink of the sort and the service manager at Mack new I got a bad deal and he new the trouble with the trans.! But anyway I just thought I would pass it along just so you could stay ahead of the game!

BULLHUSK

WOW, Thay musta forgot about me!! LOL Like I said I never got a recall or anythink of the sort and the service manager at Mack new I got a bad deal and he new the trouble with the trans.! But anyway I just thought I would pass it along just so you could stay ahead of the game!

BULLHUSK

Thanks for the info I will have to check it out