There is a guy running around here in southwest Virginia with a 39/40 Studebaker four-door sedan rat-rod all stretched out with a twin turbo 400 Cummins,other than the engine,i bet the whole car/truck whatever isn't 16 inches from ground to roof in height! looks fairly dangerous to me,but it sounds good!..........................................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That pic is from the Chrome & Class truck show at Rush truck center Nashville tn last Oct . He brought it to the ATHS Cookeville TN show last Sept too, its actually a freaking masterpiece of engineering. I looked at that truck for an hour easy checking out his front air ride suspension and other truck pieces, it took a lot of know how to make that truck turn out the way it did. I had the Superliner parked about 3 spots farther to the right one row towards the camera if I remember right.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

No sir, I don't like it.

Engineering marvel or not..... it looks like a bunch of mis-matched left over pieces of scrap metal all welded together.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

it looks like a bunch of mis-matched left over pieces of scrap metal all welded together.

You just described Hot Rodding prior to the aftermarket. Today we just call JEG'S or Summit and order exactly what we want and when we are done, we all have the same thing just in different colors. Prior to the aftermarket we went to the bone yard, found something that was close to what we needed then cut, torched, banged, bent and welded it until it worked. This thing really isn't my style but I'd be one who would look it over from front to back just because of the time and thought that went into it.

The last "hot rod" that I can think of was a '78 Ford F150 4X4 that a friend of mine built in the late 1980's. He built the coil spring front and rear suspension with a Dana 60 out back and a Dana 44 up front running 40" mudders with a 504cid Chevy big block and a Ford top-loader 4 speed transmission and it ran the 1/8 mile in the mid 6's. He worked, fab'd and massaged almost every inch of that truck during the years he owned it. Another friend of mine now owns a V8 Powered S10 4X4 that use to belong to the same guy. Truck started out as an S10 standard cab/long bed but now is an extended cab/shortbed with a 10 inch extention in front of the firewall on a custom square tube front clip.

I still love to see people think on their own and create their own fun instead of ordering from a catalog.

This one from NC was at the White Bash in Richmond last fall. He had to put samller tires on it to slow it down but he said it cruised good at 80 MPH. That is a White farm tractor grill. I forget what cab he used but I think it was a 4000. The air bags are down in this picture but it did not have much clearance when they were up.

post-9041-0-58268500-1368214553_thumb.jp

Why are these allowed on public roads when they dont have front fenders and turn signals up front? It's one thing to haul it to a show on a trailer but I dont understand why law enforcement doesnt ticket the driver's of these when driven on the road.