Tractor of the Month

Great pictures Mike,

Thanks for posting, nice to know that some of them are still around.

Just amazing, when you think about it, how some of them are lucky enough to be taken care of and somehow survive to the point that they'll probably

outlast us all.

While other ones are wrecked, scrapped, or rust away to nothing. And then of course there are those that end up having to learn a new language later in life!

Ron

Kinda reminds me of back in the day when I looked forward to my next overdrive magazine being there when I came in off the road.

The first thing I'd do was open it up to the truck of the month and hope that it would be an older Mack LJ,B-model,H-model or maybe an R but preferably an F-model.

More often than not it would be another "payment book " which is what we called later model trucks that we couldn't afford to buy back then.

• Like 1

Back when my Dad was still running produce,he did a lot of triplease work for Greenstein trucking Pompano Beach,FL,Overdrive did a feature story on a friend of his, Ed Kimball,my Dad said he was a class act and ran a spotless truck! I got to meet Ed later in life He,my Dad and i had breakfast together one day,which is where i took the picture of the double-bunk KW Ed also owned................................Mark

Mark, my '70 KW was a Greenstein truck also!Cool pictures!.Where was this Ed Kimball from,do you know? There is a guy by the same name in Wisconsin that has a beautiful B-75 (L model cab).......Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Would like to put a small bunk on the BCR someday,Mike.Always thought they looked good with a sleeper on them.Nice pics,thanks for sharing.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA