ATHS

Lmackattack

I go to the new site and enjoy looking around. There are lots of pictures and different brands that are talked about.

Here is a link and if I did it correctly, it should get you there. If my link doesn't work, the site is Just Old Trucks.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I'm a member of the ATHS, but rarely look at their forums. I met one or two pretty cool folks at some of the shows, too. But, I'm not sure I will even renew my membership. I get more advice and help off BMT that I can get from the ATHS members. Maybe they don't like me!

Will be interested in checking out that new site, though.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Some good info/pics on both sites,but the format is absolutely horrible....

Agree 100%. I'm on this site every day- ATHS if I'm really bored. Plus I can't swallow some of the stuff that is being done-like spending how much money on those big MFX/Consolidated signs! How long will those be an "attraction"?? Seems like the Federal govt. Got some money let's spend it.

Just Old Trucks is not in anyway a part of ATHS. It was created by the same group who rebuilt the ATHS forums a few years back. Some issues occurred and Just Old Trucks was created for old truck people. Most of the ATHS forum regulars moved to JOT, a few are on both sites and as Mike H mentioned there is still some issues at JOT once in a while, but nothing like what was occurring at ATHS. I really think that what Mike is referring to was a very unusual incident and it's too bad that it happened.

I don't look at the ATHS website much anymore. I used to look at it every night for What Am I?, but now that it is on justoldtrucks, I look there. There are some people on JOT that either don't like Macks or act like they don't so I started posting a mack a day on the the Mack thread just to keep it in peoples' faces. I will continue my membership in ATHS because I love Wheels of Time. I also go to the National Shows when they are reasonable. It will be in York, PA in two years. Maybe I will go to Missouri next year, but that is a long drive. Each of the forums have their good point's but I like this one the best as long as I can avoid the political threads. Mike

• Like 2

Truck guys are like cars.............as Chevy picks on Ford who picks on Mopar who picks on AMC....................... it doesn't change. Ever talk to a tractor guy?? It's "GREEN" or "RED" in those cliques. I agree, you need to let it rest sometimes. Some guys don't understand that, and think it's funny always.

Anyhooo, I don't go to ATHS very often anymore as it kinda dried up. I'd say there are some new folks on there that really dont have any idea what has transpired in the last 10 yrs, or 5 yrs for that matter. I still enjoy the people, no matter whose ship we sail on. JOT is great because "big brother" isn't standing over you with a switch telling you to not talk about this, don't post a picture of that. That gets old too. BMT is the same, we keep our own selfs inline and all is good. We just don't have to worry about the "other guys" picking on Macks on every post.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

To each his own... I like the jokes and other odds and ends as much as anything else here...kinda nice to get a little break from the rat race of trucking 6 days a week. I go to JOT once in a while, it's OK, they have some interesting stuff, but there is absolutely no humor or joking about anything going on there.

I also like that there's no "gratuitous cursing" here, never has been to my knowlege. People may say a cuss word here and there, as people do in everyday life. I don't think you can go a day without hearing cussing somewhere,whether it's from people talking, the CB radio, television...it's just how the world is.

I miss Rob too, he was great.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

To each his own... I like the jokes and other odds and ends as much as anything else here...kinda nice to get a little break from the rat race of trucking 6 days a week. I go to JOT once in a while, it's OK, they have some interesting stuff, but there is absolutely no humor or joking about anything going on there.

I also like that there's no "gratuitous cursing" here, never has been to my knowlege. People may say a cuss word here and there, as people do in everyday life. I don't think you can go a day without hearing cussing somewhere,whether it's from people talking, the CB radio, television...it's just how the world is.

I miss Rob too, he was great.

Guess you missed the thread Rob started titled "Vin (the 12 year old) ... you need fu*king help."

Yeah, that's the one. I would say telling a 12 year old he needs fu*king help constitutes gratutious cursing, wouldn't you?

No, I thought it was a joke- Dr. Phil telling anyone they need fucking help on a Demotivational poster is a joke, certainly nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

No, I thought it was a joke- Dr. Phil telling anyone they need fucking help on a Demotivational poster is a joke, certainly nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

Joke or not, it certainly was gratuitous. No need for it and Vinny seemed to take it hard. He even quit the site for a while over it, which is why I raised the point initially.

I have to chime in with my two cents here, I enjoy BMT more than any other web based anything I have ever gotten into. I have to say the reason is everything is kept fairly light hearted and I have not seen anyone intentionally trying to demean anyone on this sight. I think more than anything I enjoy learning about trucks and sharing what little bit of knowledge I have with others, if it wasn't for reading all the posts I can here I would not know what I do. I have always liked to meet old truckers and old mechanics and pick their brains, its what has helped me get to where I am now and has probably kept me out of trouble more than once. I want to thank all those on BMT that are willing to share their wisdom with others, there are very few true old Mack gurus left and I am thankful that several are here and willing to share their knowledge so others can keep the old trucks running. So in closing, Thank you to all those that share on BMT and thanks to Barry for keeping it going and keeping us in check, I truly appreciate what I have learned here and I can't say that about the ATHS. Thanks,Ryan B.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have to chime in with my two cents here, I enjoy BMT more than any other web based anything I have ever gotten into. I have to say the reason is everything is kept fairly light hearted and I have not seen anyone intentionally trying to demean anyone on this sight. I think more than anything I enjoy learning about trucks and sharing what little bit of knowledge I have with others, if it wasn't for reading all the posts I can here I would not know what I do. I have always liked to meet old truckers and old mechanics and pick their brains, its what has helped me get to where I am now and has probably kept me out of trouble more than once. I want to thank all those on BMT that are willing to share their wisdom with others, there are very few true old Mack gurus left and I am thankful that several are here and willing to share their knowledge so others can keep the old trucks running. So in closing, Thank you to all those that share on BMT and thanks to Barry for keeping it going and keeping us in check, I truly appreciate what I have learned here and I can't say that about the ATHS. Thanks,Ryan B.

Seems I am out of "likes" already. They seem to be diminishing each day. Anyhow...nice post and I agree! I am amazed at the knowledge base here on BMT. I always thought a B was a B, etc. I learn something each time I visit the site. I belong to ATHS for the magazine.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"