The Philly Construction Thread

yup, buy some gas or diesel in New York state and you might be pissed off, god damn watery gas. bought a 5 gallon can the other day, stuck it in the firetruck as i have a hose in the can deal. turned it over and see the fuel filter fillin with water. yank the hose and find half a gallon of water in the bottom of the damn can in the gas i JUST bought

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yup, buy some gas or diesel in New York state and you might be pissed off, god damn watery gas. bought a 5 gallon can the other day, stuck it in the firetruck as i have a hose in the can deal. turned it over and see the fuel filter fillin with water. yank the hose and find half a gallon of water in the bottom of the damn can in the gas i JUST bought

Go back to where you bought it?

I know this is probaly common knowledge but why do the V-8 Macks have that square air cleaner? And why did the regular Mack air cleaner change at some point in the seventies from the one that had like a stack with the circular piece on top to the one with out the stack piece . And to confuse me a little more if possible it seems like the high stack was used again in the late 80s on some Mack models. Something I always wondered about

Local 282 Union Service

I know this is probaly common knowledge but why do the V-8 Macks have that square air cleaner? And why did the regular Mack air cleaner change at some point in the seventies from the one that had like a stack with the circular piece on top to the one with out the stack piece . And to confuse me a little more if possible it seems like the high stack was used again in the late 80s on some Mack models. Something I always wondered about

The square Farr air cleaners were said to allow better air flow.

Nice!

Sooooo...which is it? Is it hauling water or diesel fuel? :D

Those trucks are setup for the milling crews each division has one

800 gal of off road fuel and the other tank is water

Also the front discharge port is so they can continue milling and not to have to stop for water

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I think Billy Boy has a RD, a granite, a Red Kenworth T-800 and 379 sleeper. I think they are a MBE for Hire company.

I don't recall seeing them running a granite. You're right on the rest and they also have a decent looking blue KW triaxle, a purple Pete triaxle and a blue 379exhd triaxle. The Pete with the sleeper is their lowboy when their junk breaks down lol

• 2 weeks later...

That Giant looks like a bad mixture between a Autocar and a anteater KW

AHHH, well that would be the super scary looking DR fitted with a KHD-Duetz air cooled motor. They did manufacture & sell a ridiculous amount of them, but nothing will make them look good. From the the seat, they had great visability.

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

A couple of John Haine's(Haines & Kibblehouse, Skippack, PA) Macks taken at Macungie in 2004.

Keith,

I just love the look of the H&K resto's Every year & at every show, i am gravitated to shooting lots of photos that are from the H&K stable.

Thanks for sharing

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

a little revival to this thread...

attachicon.gifJDM 155.JPG

Rick

JDM still has 3 Giants in Service as water trucks, one as a parts truck. All where all cement mixers at one time like the one you have pictured.

Fresh out of the Paint shop in 2011

9488744112_168d2a9e1d_b.jpg

Life and Death of their parts trucks

9485969851_6d2c080dc8_b.jpg

Summer 2009

9488764714_3bfa1861b2_b.jpg

Spring 2012

9488735430_596c4c1332_b.jpg

Late 2012

9488733946_b00f514771_b.jpg

• Like 2

-Mike

I wouldn't mind having #505, the Autocar next to the Diamond Reo.

I am pretty sure those Windsor Service AC's were actually used by Windsor Service back in the day. They were restored by Art Cooper before Windsor Service was bought by H and K and went along with the company. Mike

They did have a lot of autocars at one time, but they all fell apart. The cabs would rot near the top of the windshield. I bet you can stick your arm through the rot gap on #505. Most of them got patched. They still use them as site trucks, and there are a few up in Bethlehem. They also have a fixed up and nice looking DK that they use a fuel truck.

Mike D, you should see what they do with their pickups, they have one fairly new (2008-10) F250 completelty stripped down, just bed, cab, and hood.

9488735862_d3f89dc204_b.jpg

9485943367_b4a72a8999_b.jpg

Edited by philatruck
  • Like 1

-Mike