You Might Be...

I had the 300 in a 65 galaxy I didn’t have it long. I bought it for $100 and then sold it to my sister too bad you can’t find out for 100 bucks now but I do remember the engine was pretty peppy for a six banger… three speed on the column. Don’t see many of those nowadays, either… hey Tom, keep the truck ha ha. Bob 

13 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Hey nice truck! Even better if it has the 300 6

Viewrecentphotos.thumb.jpeg.6ec2ffaaf85f7ff89e753fa33259583e.jpeg

You'd probably only get about $500 for it anyway so what's the point of selling it. I got mine for $800 am I'm getting every penny I can out of it. 

Yep, it's got a 300. Runs great!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

3 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

People buying trucks these days are insane. People selling them are either making bank or not taking advantage of the surplus of buyers with more money than brains. My wife is after me to "upgrade" to a bigger cab that seats more than 3. I refuse to pay more for a truck than I paid for my house.

I agree. Its not uncommon to walk onto a lot and find highly optioned half tons for over $70,000. And they stock lots of them so that tells me they sell lots of them. At least in my area all I see is new pickups on the road. Paying $70,000+ and interest on a complete liability, depreciating asset is just plain looney to me. Like you said I purchased a single family rental house for $40,000 a few years back and it generates enough rent to pay the mortgage on itself as well as the mortgage on the house I live in. I could never in a million years justify paying more for a pickup than a house. I paid $17,200 for my used 2009 Silverado back in 2014. That is equivalent to spending $22,200 today. I looked a few months back and the cheapest I saw a excellent condition 5 year old truck was in the mid to low 30s....with a boatload of miles on it. Its crazy out there.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:41 AM, 67RModel said:

I agree. Its not uncommon to walk onto a lot and find highly optioned half tons for over $70,000. And they stock lots of them so that tells me they sell lots of them. At least in my area all I see is new pickups on the road. Paying $70,000+ and interest on a complete liability, depreciating asset is just plain looney to me. Like you said I purchased a single family rental house for $40,000 a few years back and it generates enough rent to pay the mortgage on itself as well as the mortgage on the house I live in. I could never in a million years justify paying more for a pickup than a house. I paid $17,200 for my used 2009 Silverado back in 2014. That is equivalent to spending $22,200 today. I looked a few months back and the cheapest I saw a excellent condition 5 year old truck was in the mid to low 30s....with a boatload of miles on it. Its crazy out there.

Yes it is crazy. They had a used Ram pickup over at the Honda dealer that was $13,000 more than the Nissan, and it had more miles on it. It was a pretty truck, black, but when I asked "how much is that Dodge over yonder?" I didn't even need to walk over and look at it.

I think it was Joey Moore's fault that we got that truck. When the starter stuck on the Ford he came and picked us up in his 4 door GMC Denali. Zina rode in the back, that's when she said "you know, we really need a 4 door truck". 

She'd been saying we needed a bigger vehicle for a while, but we were thinking a bigger SUV. I asked her "have you seen the price tag on a truck lately?".

They allowed her $24,000 for the CR-V, and they already have it listed for sale for $29,987, which is almost what she paid for it. 

Screenshot_20230806-075644.thumb.png.7338d52d4b4e9cae104f78d80bb4fd67.png

When she bought it in Florida last year the sticker in the window had 31 or $32,000 on it.

A friend told me to ask $5,000 for the Ford. I thought it was a little high, but maybe it's not. I paid 1800, but of course I've done a lot of work on it too. It has a new starter on it. 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 67RModel said:

yeah i paid 78000 for my first house in california,,,brand new with a half acre,,,,now i understand people are paying that for a brand new F250 these days,,,,like whaaaaaaaaat??????

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

ever since covid everything has gone crazy,,,i just paid 479 a gallon to fill the mustang at chevron....GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

wow!!! and i thought $3.25 was bad yesterday.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

we would be pissing ourselves at that price,,,,,when i left pittsburg last august after i was at watts show.... i filled my rental car before dropping it off and noticed gas prices were 1 dollar less than ours 

7 minutes ago, mowerman said:

we would be pissing ourselves at that price,,,,,when i left pittsburg last august after i was at watts show.... i filled my rental car before dropping it off and noticed gas prices were 1 dollar less than ours 

Yea and PA has the second highest gas prices next to Cali I think. They tax the heck out of it and our roads are still mediocre at best. Regular here in Pittsburgh is 3.75 and Diesel is 4.75

Edited by 67RModel
  • Like 1

bought what was left of my Grandparents farm with hopes of keeping it going back some yrs ago. 3+acres house, barn and outbuildings = 40K. my 2021 jeep gladiator Mojave (ordered and decked out ) 64K . only reason for purchase of jeep  was dealer on trade gave me just under what I paid for a 2017 GMC 2500 diesel after I had it for 4 yrs and put 40 K miles on it = back and forth from CT to TN. 

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

yeah i paid 78000 for my first house in california,,,brand new with a half acre,,,,now i understand people are paying that for a brand new F250 these days,,,,like whaaaaaaaaat??????

Friend of mine paid $68,000 for a new F150. It's a hybrid, and he does not like it.

back in '69-70's for 68K you could have bought a couple of Macks . and the dealer filled the fuel tanks . I know it was my job to take a new truck down for fuel. most new ones going to a rental fleet only got 10 gals. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

bought what was left of my Grandparents farm with hopes of keeping it going back some yrs ago. 3+acres house, barn and outbuildings = 40K. my 2021 jeep gladiator Mojave (ordered and decked out ) 64K . only reason for purchase of jeep  was dealer on trade gave me just under what I paid for a 2017 GMC 2500 diesel after I had it for 4 yrs and put 40 K miles on it = back and forth from CT to TN. 

Do you know home? Prices are so out of hand, California and Nevada. It surprises me. You can still buy pretty right in different parts of the country.

17 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

back in '69-70's for 68K you could have bought a couple of Macks . and the dealer filled the fuel tanks . I know it was my job to take a new truck down for fuel. most new ones going to a rental fleet only got 10 gals. 

You know that’s surprising to me the price they want to use those were brand new equipment. Come on now really 10 gallons. You guys are overly generous.