You Might Be...

I think we talked about this before. I also had one 57 2 door wagon 312  beautiful style really liked the dashboard and the steering wheel but the gas that common oiling issue. Most of them had I never did anything with it .. sold the car after a while all I can think about is that loud engine ha ha. Click click click click click click. I had a hell of a time getting rid of it for some reason wound up selling it to a junkyard for almost nothing. I don’t know why I couldn’t get rid of that thing. Somewhere around 1986. Southern California 

Well, I thought I better finish my boring old people story. The reason I sold the 57 my ex-wife landed a cream, puff 64 Thunderbird for 100 bucks. Somebody lost the keys and the title was the reason the car was so cheap. I am not sure still why the low low price.  And there was nothing wrong with the title at all it was clean. They just lost it car. Ran like a champ and looked good all for 100 bucks. You’re sure I don’t find much deals  like that.Bob

Come to think of it. I also had a 64 Ford pick up with a 292 four-speed that was a running SOB paid 600 bucks for it. Low mileage drove the shit out of it for six years and then sold it for the same price. I don’t think that engine had the same oiling  problem as the 312 a guy on machine shop explain to me why that was he said it was a flaw from Ford. And for a while, you could buy an oiling kit for them.

Only vehicle I've ever owned that I don't still have was my 1st motorcycle...'95 Suzuki GS500E that I bought new (leftover) in '97...senior year of high school. Being a broke college kid at the time, I traded it in 2 years & >20K miles later for my '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100 because I was wearing it out & desperately needed something bigger. Still got the ZRX. Didn't even own a 4-wheeled vehicle until my dad gave me the title for the '86 Ranger (1st vehicle he'd ever bought 'new') as a graduation gift from college. That's the truck I learned to drive in, and it's still in my garage, too.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Well...  It is a beautiful SUNNY Sunday..  I got my ribs ready, gonna light a fire and hang out at my Redneck Riviera..  I sent this picture to a friend of ours,  He said I are A Redneck..  What say you??  anyway I hope all of of you are enjoying a Sunny day off..   Jojo

29899.jpeg

• Haha 1

I dunno...swimmin' pool at my house is an 8' stock tank with a couple hoses to/from a pump/filter. Kids love it. Great for cool-down soak at the end of the day for the adults, too.

...and unless that's the natural foliage growing up wild around your pool, it looks too much like work...planting, mulching, weeding, watering, trimming, etc...😰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Harry,,  since I got away from Mobile Truck repair...after 13 years,,  my work days are not tough anymore.. Its just a nice little place to relax..   :) 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 11:19 AM, Joey Mack said:

He said I are A Redneck..  What say you?? 

Nope! l don't see a beer holder and/or cooler anywhere near the pool! lol Unless it's over on the right side on the stool...    .....Hippy 

Well, it looks a lot better than my redneck Riviera. I mean my "all bidness station", I wouldn't think of sitting in that folding chair and drinking beer 😁.

PXL_20230626_205915938.thumb.jpg.be588d1dc5c3d9f96804624d5467b938.jpg

And now, "the rest of the story" behind that "smoker shed"...

I just wanted a little shed to put over the smoker to protect it- and me- from the weather. I talked to "fence guy" about building me something because he did a pretty good job with the fence, his wife just had a baby, and he does handyman work for a living. And he's just a nice guy.

I sent him this picture and told him I wanted something like this-

Screenshot_20230605-195036.thumb.png.ef0159f8a2e9a8b6911fed7f77265904.png

This was a "do it yourself" kit from Lowe's or Home Depot, I think it was about 11 or $1200. I told him it didn't have to be anything fancy, just a small shed like this one that I built myself out of scrap material that I accumulated.

PXL_20230531_230408020.thumb.jpg.4b7dd781d3a092fee3e7d2ace294b913.jpg

So he said "ok, I'll build you something like that for $400".  So I said OK, and he came over here when we were still in Gladys and put this "monstrosity" as Zina called it up, taking up half the back yard. That shelf he put on it was about chest high.

PXL_20230603_191639030.thumb.jpg.3067a372fdedf21aaaf7578b8b521fdd.jpg

When I saw it I was so pissed I made it look like this-

PXL_20230605_140614023.thumb.jpg.7f478d9aadd86b989a4adaceede71fd8.jpg

Zina was beyond pissed, she was irate. It was nothing like what I told him I wanted, and nothing on it was straight, nothing was square, nothing was level. It was way taller than I wanted, and it was turned the wrong way - I wanted it parallel to the fence, not sticking way out into the yard.

I had to take all those boards loose, and take the shelf apart with a ratchet. Not a nail in anything, he used all screws. And for some reason the screws were countersunk halfway through the board. I caught hell getting all those screws out, but I had to reuse the boards.

He sent me a text message a few days later and said he was coming over to put the roof on it. I texted him a picture of it completely dismantled and laying on the ground and told him he could just drop the metal off, i'd do it myself. Then I had to go to the hardware store and get a pair of tin snips to cut the roof sheets shorter, and they were $22.

But I'm real happy with the finished product, I think it looks pretty good. Now I've got to get the other grill that's still in Gladys over here. I'm going to need help loading it, it's really heavy. Hopefully I can get my neighbor to bring his tractor over this weekend to load it.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 6/25/2023 at 5:15 PM, Joey Mack said:

Harry,,  since I got away from Mobile Truck repair...after 13 years,,  my work days are not tough anymore.. Its just a nice little place to relax..   :) 

with the help of a small excavator  , the brook that runs through the yard we rent now has a swimming hole . couple of trees cut down for sun light to heat the water. quite/ very private. even have a cut off branch that works as a clothes hanger for swimming trunks. LOL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

This one seems to fit...

"If you jack up one side of your above-ground pool to create a "deep end"..."

We sorta did that in my neighbors back yard.

32X24  oval pool.

I dug down 12 inches for 36 inch sides above ground.

Ladder/deck side was 4 foot deep, the other side I dug an extra 2 foot for 6 foot deep. The local pool shop custom made us a liner to fit.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

43 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

We sorta did that in my neighbors back yard.

32X24  oval pool.

I dug down 12 inches for 36 inch sides above ground.

Ladder/deck side was 4 foot deep, the other side I dug an extra 2 foot for 6 foot deep. The local pool shop custom made us a liner to fit.

Well, there you go!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."