You Might Be...

Somebody mentioned Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck if..." jokes the other day.  I keep one of his calendars on my desk at work.  It is surprising how, if you go long enough, EVERYBODY eventually fits one of his sayings.

I think I am going to post some of his better ones on this thread from time to time, and see who all will admit to being guilty.

One I had the other day said, "If resuming work on your project car would require a lawn mower."

Come on now!  Substitute the word "truck", and who is guilty of this one?

Feel free to add your own or make up new ones.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Heres one I made up....  "If one or more of your vehicles beeps when it backs up"!   Youuu might be a Redneck....  Jojo

• Like 2

13 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Somebody mentioned Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck if..." jokes the other day.  I keep one of his calendars on my desk at work.  It is surprising how, if you go long enough, EVERYBODY eventually fits one of his sayings.

I think I am going to post some of his better ones on this thread from time to time, and see who all will admit to being guilty.

One I had the other day said, "If resuming work on your project car would require a lawn mower."

Come on now!  Substitute the word "truck", and who is guilty of this one?

Feel free to add your own or make up new ones.

LOL! The '92 Ranger was parked after the main line to the rear brakes burst. It was already lacking a brake line to the front right (drove it 10 or so years like that waiting for a round tuit to come my way), so after crimping that line off I was down to 1 brake...decided I had other vehicles I could be driving, pulled it around back, and shut it off. Anyway, fast forward a couple years and I'm commuting 100 miles per day...and at 10 mpg in the F250 or Suburban, the fuel bill was killing me. So, I did the work & got the brakes working again, new tires, etc...and started driving it, moss and all. Used to joke about needing to get one of those Mossy Oak stickers for the top of the windshield & crossing out the Oak. Then my wife borrowed it one day & the 1st thing she did was run it through a car wash. 😒

Hell, if my Mack sits much longer I'll have to use the chainsaw before I can move it. Damn maple trees around here grow like weeds.🤦‍♂️

Also have the F250 right in front of the Mack that's waiting for me to replace the timing cover gasket. Have everything I need except time.

At least the '86 Ranger is in the garage...buried in the back corner...all it's collecting is dust.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

8 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

LOL! The '92 Ranger was parked after the main line to the rear brakes burst. It was already lacking a brake line to the front right (drove it 10 or so years like that waiting for a round tuit to come my way), so after crimping that line off I was down to 1 brake...decided I had other vehicles I could be driving, pulled it around back, and shut it off. Anyway, fast forward a couple years and I'm commuting 100 miles per day...and at 10 mpg in the F250 or Suburban, the fuel bill was killing me. So, I did the work & got the brakes working again, new tires, etc...and started driving it, moss and all. Used to joke about needing to get one of those Mossy Oak stickers for the top of the windshield & crossing out the Oak. Then my wife borrowed it one day & the 1st thing she did was run it through a car wash. 😒

Hell, if my Mack sits much longer I'll have to use the chainsaw before I can move it. Damn maple trees around here grow like weeds.🤦‍♂️

Also have the F250 right in front of the Mack that's waiting for me to replace the timing cover gasket. Have everything I need except time.

At least the '86 Ranger is in the garage...buried in the back corner...all it's collecting is dust.

Well, you just might...!!!  LOL!

OK I saw something a couple of weeks ago. I forgot to mention, didn’t think it was important until we started bringing this up 69 road runner other side of the highway interstate 80 had a tow hitch, pulling some sort of a trailer. It wasn’t paying that much attention. All I could think about was OK that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a 69 road runner with  tow hitch nowadays if I do see one it’s all cleaned up and they want $90,000 for it lol Bob

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

OK I saw something a couple of weeks ago. I forgot to mention, didn’t think it was important until we started bringing this up 69 road runner other side of the highway interstate 80 had a tow hitch, pulling some sort of a trailer. It wasn’t paying that much attention. All I could think about was OK that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a 69 road runner with  tow hitch nowadays if I do see one it’s all cleaned up and they want $90,000 for it lol Bob

I bought a '79 Trans Am once that had a trailer hitch on it.  I left it on just because it looked so out-of-place.

There used to be a green late-70s Camaro here in town with a home-made hood scoop on it that pulled a boat to the lake regularly.  Saw it at the dock all the time.  I guess you do what you have to!

You just might be...

11 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I bought a '79 Trans Am once that had a trailer hitch on it.  I left it on just because it looked so out-of-place.

There used to be a green late-70s Camaro here in town with a home-made hood scoop on it that pulled a boat to the lake regularly.  Saw it at the dock all the time.  I guess you do what you have to!

You just might be...

My God, you sound like you live here just north of Reno I saw a late model Cadillac towing a utility trailer while back but I’ve probably mentioned before about this place that did not surprise me mobile homes and broken cars. Lots of them here..

I seem to recall an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard where the Duke boys had a trailer hooked up behind the General Lee. Now I'm gonna have to break out the DVD's & have a marathon binge-watching session to try to find the episode...🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!