You Might Be...

I did make a bench grinder out of a egg beater lawnmower one time I think I qualify. I left it in LA when I moved I don’t know why I did that. I’m still sick that I did that because it worked really well and it was really old

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

But we all know what is like when you’re moving   Get sick and tired of moving shit leave stuff behind just  don’t want to move it because you’ve already moved too much stuff already

I was always tempted to give a discount on the house I was selling if I could leave everything in it.  Charge more if I have to move it all out.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

But we all know what is like when you’re moving   Get sick and tired of moving shit leave stuff behind just  don’t want to move it because you’ve already moved too much stuff already

moving? we've been moving for months, and still have a lot to move.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

2 hours ago, other dog said:

what about if somebody burns their shed down and almost burns their house down while smoking a turkey in an old gas stove on Thanksgiving day?

DSCN6630s.jpg.5f600bcef77b3bc3d5501597bb209c16.jpg

Nope.

That ain't rednek, 

That's just plain stoopid!!  🤣

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Well, in my defense - I have no defense. Every time I used that smoker I would take the leaf blower and clear all the dead leaves and debris from around it, then take the garden hose and saturate the area all around it. Every time. Except on that particular day for whatever reason I didn't.

It was a gas stove made into a smoker, and it worked great. It had no burner in it, you just opened the drawer in the bottom and put charcoal in the little tray, and then just add wood as it burned down. It didn't hold much in the tray so you had to add wood about every 30 minutes. I was in the house looking at BMT on the computer actually and it was about time to go add some wood to the smoker but gear head grrrrrl was into it hot and heavy arguing with somebody, which is what she did best. I think it was 41Chevy, but I'm not sure. Anyway, Jobyna came up the hall when she got out of the shower and said "the back yard's on fire". No sense of urgency or anything, like the back yard was on fire every other day or something. So I jumped up and ran out the front door to turn the garden hose on, then ran around to the smoker. It was close to the shed and the shed was already blazing when I got there. I started beating on the back of the house and told Jobyna "call the fire department". I mean it was going by then, and I had 2 cans of gas in there, I don't know how much oil, several gallon jugs of hydraulic fluid, 3 chain saws, a weed eater, the leaf blower, all with gas in them.

There was nothing I could do for the shed with the water hose, it was about the equivalent of peeing in a volcano, so I just kept spraying the siding on the house until the fire department got there. 

It was a very close call, scary how close I came to losing the house.

I know a little bit about an un-expected fire...   We say ''Sh!t Happens''  It does......  and sometimes it's a Hell of a Surprise !!!!.. 

Just last week we were talking about smokers at work. And l mentioned l knew of a guy who used an old gas stove. No one had heard of that before! So Tom, the stove may be gone and replaced by a barrel but it's not forgotten.  :thumb:    .....Hippy   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I was always tempted to give a discount on the house I was selling if I could leave everything in it.  Charge more if I have to move it all out.

That’s a genius let’s race it ha ha

58 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Just last week we were talking about smokers at work. And l mentioned l knew of a guy who used an old gas stove. No one had heard of that before! So Tom, the stove may be gone and replaced by a barrel but it's not forgotten.  :thumb:    .....Hippy   

Yes, it wasn't the smoker's fault, it was all mine, and they really do make a great smoker. Very easy to make too, pretty much just take that burner out and it's good to go. I've made them out of electric ranges too, but they're a bit more work. You have to remove the wiring, remove the insulation from the bottom of the oven but leave it around the top and sides, then drill holes in the bottom of the oven to let the smoke in. 

• Like 1

I bought one of these next, and it works very well. That's the one that was on the back of the pickup. We unloaded it yesterday, the ladder idea worked great. It's not super heavy, just big and awkward to handle. But if I could only have one smoker that barrel is the cat's ass. 

Screenshot_20230520-081131.thumb.png.cc10c776742f0938f12559d05fc741aa.png

5 minutes ago, mowerman said:

And yes Tom, we all remember that ha ha…. I also know there is no end to moving. I hate it and no!!!!!! I do not wanna move anymore Bob

Yeah, I gotta get off here and start loading the pickup now before Zina starts woofing at me! 🤣

I had one just like that I never did use it speaking of moving a buddy of mine, gave it to me for free because he was moving and did not want to carry it and then I wound up  giving it to a buddy of mine because I did not use it … and he was a big time smoke all the time type…so pretty much brand new unit already had three owners ha ha … Bob

On 5/19/2023 at 3:59 AM, mowerman said:

And if you own DVDs of Dukes of Hazzard, you just might be??????

I thought I would brag my wife bought me the entire set DVDs of Rawhide. That’s my favorite show.

18 hours ago, other dog said:

Well, in my defense - I have no defense. Every time I used that smoker I would take the leaf blower and clear all the dead leaves and debris from around it, then take the garden hose and saturate the area all around it. Every time. Except on that particular day for whatever reason I didn't.

It was a gas stove made into a smoker, and it worked great. It had no burner in it, you just opened the drawer in the bottom and put charcoal in the little tray, and then just add wood as it burned down. It didn't hold much in the tray so you had to add wood about every 30 minutes. I was in the house looking at BMT on the computer actually and it was about time to go add some wood to the smoker but gear head grrrrrl was into it hot and heavy arguing with somebody, which is what she did best. I think it was 41Chevy, but I'm not sure. Anyway, Jobyna came up the hall when she got out of the shower and said "the back yard's on fire". No sense of urgency or anything, like the back yard was on fire every other day or something. So I jumped up and ran out the front door to turn the garden hose on, then ran around to the smoker. It was close to the shed and the shed was already blazing when I got there. I started beating on the back of the house and told Jobyna "call the fire department". I mean it was going by then, and I had 2 cans of gas in there, I don't know how much oil, several gallon jugs of hydraulic fluid, 3 chain saws, a weed eater, the leaf blower, all with gas in them.

There was nothing I could do for the shed with the water hose, it was about the equivalent of peeing in a volcano, so I just kept spraying the siding on the house until the fire department got there. 

It was a very close call, scary how close I came to losing the house.

In all seriousness, I’m really glad it wasn’t worse and that nobody was hurt or killed. 

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."