You Might Be...

All of our city trucks are diesel powered fords.. all automatic and have electric brakes on the equipment trailers..  I have moved some medium sized equipment, ( because I'm the only one in my crew with a Class-A) I sure wish they were manual trans trucks. Even the big dump trucks are autos, one of them does have a clutch..  

there is nothing wrong with an auto trans.......if you have an engine in front of it. 
i have a 600HP engine in my kenworth and have no problems outrunning cars off traffic lights or pulling hills....even at 120,000 lbs. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Holy crap...have you seen the weather reports from yesterday & today from the Denver area? We bugged outta there just in the knick of time. Golf ball size hail at the Red Rocks Amphitheater...which was only a mile or two from the campground we were staying at. We hiked up (quite literally UP...2000 foot elevation change in 1.7 miles) a trail that overlooked Red Rocks & Denver. Today, tornados again not far from where we were. The wind our 2nd night was bad enough...older brother tied his cabin tent off to his truck & I parked the Suburban to help block the wind. Older of my 2 little brothers works at a hotel & gets pretty good rates, so he bugged out to a hotel for the rest of the week when his dome tents collapsed in the wind. Baby brother, my parents, and my family all had our own travel trailers and were fine...except baby bro didn't get his awning rolled up in time & the wind took it for a ride. Other than that & a little rain, we had an enjoyable stay. Golfball size hail would've ruined that, though.

https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/red-rocks-amphitheater-hail-storm-injures-nearly-100-ahead-of-planned-louis-tomlinson-concert/article_19d54ee4-1105-11ee-8a6f-4bc8fe9d47d3.html

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

9 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

Holy crap...have you seen the weather reports from yesterday & today from the Denver area? We bugged outta there just in the knick of time. Golf ball size hail at the Red Rocks Amphitheater...which was only a mile or two from the campground we were staying at. We hiked up (quite literally UP...2000 foot elevation change in 1.7 miles) a trail that overlooked Red Rocks & Denver. Today, tornados again not far from where we were. The wind our 2nd night was bad enough...older brother tied his cabin tent off to his truck & I parked the Suburban to help block the wind. Older of my 2 little brothers works at a hotel & gets pretty good rates, so he bugged out to a hotel for the rest of the week when his dome tents collapsed in the wind. Baby brother, my parents, and my family all had our own travel trailers and were fine...except baby bro didn't get his awning rolled up in time & the wind took it for a ride. Other than that & a little rain, we had an enjoyable stay. Golfball size hail would've ruined that, though.

https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/red-rocks-amphitheater-hail-storm-injures-nearly-100-ahead-of-planned-louis-tomlinson-concert/article_19d54ee4-1105-11ee-8a6f-4bc8fe9d47d3.html

my friend is out there. posted video of their 5 acre field under 3 foot of water. the bridge off the land washed away. the stream which is usually 15 foot wide and 1 foot deep is no over 50 wide and 20 deep. 

also a hail mountain growing on the deck 10 foot wide and 3 foot tall from the hail and sleet falling off the roof down the valley and overflowing the gutters. 
what land is not under water is covered with 4-5 inches of ice/sleet.

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

my friend is out there. posted video of their 5 acre field under 3 foot of water. the bridge off the land washed away. the stream which is usually 15 foot wide and 1 foot deep is no over 50 wide and 20 deep. 

also a hail mountain growing on the deck 10 foot wide and 3 foot tall from the hail and sleet falling off the roof down the valley and overflowing the gutters. 
what land is not under water is covered with 4-5 inches of ice/sleet.

Thankfully we've had no hail or storms here, but it's rained every day this week. We needed the rain though, and it's been raining ever since we got home, light and steady for the most part. Still haven't gotten the bed moved because of it, we're going to try to get it this weekend.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Ok DCW....   Here's a real one By ME..   

''If You grab big tree limb's that fall out of you're neighbors tree so you can cook some Rib's.......  You might be a Redneck !!

Now I wish I took a picture of the 5''x 15' limb that I cooked my ribs and chicken with last weekend..  Oh well..   :) 

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

''If You grab big tree limb's that fall out of you're neighbors tree so you can cook some Rib's.......  You might be a Redneck !!

Now I wish I took a picture of the 5''x 15' limb that I cooked my ribs and chicken with last weekend..  Oh well..   :) 

Yeah, that qualifies. 

• Haha 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

If your buddy runs his truck out of gas in the back 40, and you find an empty gas can, empty 16 oz aluminum beer bottle, a bungee cord, and a can of WD-40 in the bed of the truck and use it to get the truck running again just long enough to drive back to the barn where the cars are parked...

Yup. Did it. An old High Boy F250. Used the WD-40 to rinse out the beer bottle, and had to remove the spout to get the last little splash (MAYBE 10 ounces at most...) into the beer bottle...then bungee corded it to the side of the motor close enough we could take the rubber suction line from the fuel pump & stick it down into the can. I have pics somewhere, but they're too big to post. I'm down to 24.41 MB that it'll allow me to upload.

Come to think of it, I might not want to post them. Happened to be a Bud Light bottle (back when Bud Light was just plain old trash, not the queer trash it is today). That's the only embarrassing part of the whole story. Why he had an empty Bud Light bottle is beyond me, but we were kinda glad it was there.

• Haha 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Funny, you mention that Joey I have had a lot of cars in my time and the only 2 I would like to have back we’re both station wagons, one owner clean cars. I was really lucky to get that the time 55 Chevy and a 62 Ford. I regret selling both of them.

• Like 1

One more thing I thought I would add especially the 62 car was immaculate inside and out. Just needed a paint job. That’s the one I really regret Southern California car body was cherry. All the chroma is good. Just scratch it up and shoot it that’s all it needed. I got it with a bum transmission C4 I rebuilt it and had it and great running condition still kicking myself. What a stupid move..

I get it Bob..  I have 2 Classic trucks an antique truck, and a custom Harley ...  and a cool van..  I wont sell them..  I guess it goes back to the 80's when I had a few  vehicles, that would be High dollar cars today..  I wish I had pictures..  69 Camaro, 73 beetle, 70 Tradesman 300, 75 Datsun 280-Z, '78 Celica GT, '73 Scout II,  Oh well........  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Back in '86... I had a shit box 69 Camaro. I lived in the country..  it was a rust bucket.. 

I left my house,   500' dirt driveway with a shallow ditch across it for runoff..   So I leave, hit the bump as always...   I get a  mile or so down the road.. the car dies..  crank it no start..  i get out and look, and my fuel tank straps are dragging the ground,, no fuel tank....  I walk back to the house... theres my tank in the driveway with a stain around it in the dirt...  all i could do was grab a milk jug and put gas in it and walk back to my car and put a hose in the jug from the fuel pump under the hood, to get it home..   Looking back,  If it didnt have a 250 straight 6, I would have had to walk twice...  That car was a 'terd'  wish I had it now.....  

I had a 68 Camaro with a 250 in it. The rear main seal leaked the whole time I had it, ran it out of oil many times. I think they had to be one of the toughest engines ever made, I'd fill it back up with oil and ride on, never hurt it.

With that being said, at least we know what to get you for Christmas - a piece of wood!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

Funny, you mention that Joey I have had a lot of cars in my time and the only 2 I would like to have back we’re both station wagons, one owner clean cars. I was really lucky to get that the time 55 Chevy and a 62 Ford. I regret selling both of them.

mine was the 57 ford 2 door wagon with the 312 mcculloch supercharger and 3 speed manual with floor shifter i took on trade for work performed back in late the 70"s. 
i knew i would wreck it sooner or later and sold it to a collector............who still has it