You Might Be...

Thats Nice!!  I have a small Brisket for the smoker, a small pool full of water, and my Lovely Wife, and we are going to stay in.  Our neighbors put on a fireworks show every year, so we expect to see them again.  Happy Birthday America!!!  Jojo

• Like 1

So far we have salmon and hotdogs for barbecue I don’t know what else of course coleslaw and potato salad and lots of booze nobody is driving anywhere ha ha and yes, I am definitely going to look at that steering box somewhere in between chopping down weeds

I bet you and your's will have a ''Swingin'' time today..   I want to smoke some Salmon..  Too be Honest, a few Hot Dogs and Cold Beers sound Really Good!!

• Like 2

Hell, I slept until just before 11:00...super rare, but it was 5am before I made it to bed (after being up since 4am Monday). I was on my way home from work when a good friend called. They were about an hour out from my place (still another 1/2 past my place to get them home) and had an inner dual blow out on their pickup while driving back from a horse show in KY. He didn't realize the previous owner had put adapters on the rims to run semi-truck hub size rims & lugs (despite NOT having actual semi-truck rims...22" , not 22.5's) and rubber band tires (IIRC they're 285/50R22). Anyway, everyplace he could go to possibly get what he needed was closed (after 9pm). I asked if he could limp it here & he said he'd try...so onward they limped. I ran by his place & grabbed a tire he had for it (not on a rim, just a tire) and headed home. Got things ready for them & they pulled in just after 11. Had to use my shorty 20T jack as the 20T air jack wouldn't quite fit...but as soon as I had it raised enough to get that one under there, we used air. (Note to self: buy an air-powered shorty 20T jack). 33mm nuts on the adapter.🙄. Got the wheels off pretty easy with a 3/4" impact (had my 1" on standby just in case)...then the fight began. Had to get the old tire off the rim. While I'm pretty damn accurate with my 12# sledge (he says I swing it more accurately than any human ought to be able to), there wasn't much to swing at with those silly rubberband tires...so we opted for the cut-off wheel to make a hole, and cable cutters to snip the bead. New tire went on easy enough, aired it up, and put the wheels back on the truck & they were on their way again. Got everything cleaned up & went inside a little after 2 am. Shower, supper, and then sat up for a while winding down.

Anyway, plans for today include running into town for some treats to snack on during the fireworks. Then I'll hook up to the camper, load up the kids & drop that off at the dealer so they can work on it Thursday, and head over to have dinner with momma who had to work today. Not sure if we'll head over to the municipal fireworks display (last time we went there, we had a front-row seat while a homeless guy went for a swim in the lake & never came up) or come home & shoot a few off with my neighbor. We'll be camping out at my buddy's farm Saturday (as long as we get our camper back) & shoot a few off there, too...he usually buys some pretty good ones. Last year we had them over here & almost had the cops called on us because they were THAT good (and they're kind of illegal on this side of the river).

Anyway, happy Independence  fellas.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!