1991 MH daycab E9 in Georgia $7500

Hans Remmers

• Hans Remmers changed the title to 1991 MH daycab E9 in Georgia $7500

Think is going to take a LOT MORE than a couple of dollars just to get it running again. That old girl has been rode hard.

Price reflects what you get :pat:   Bones with hardly any meat left hanging on.

Does have a wounded E9 with P7100 inline pump that is probably the most valuable thing there as a core engine.

Hope it stays away from any boat ride!!

• Like 1

it needs an engine bob. the one currently in it is apart. 

and the interior is most likely messed up too with all the removed engine parts stuffed in the passenger side. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

It’s just a CAC in the cab. I wouldn’t say it needs an engine. All It says is engine overheats and it’s sucking the large air filter tube flat. Pry just needs a new one as they are rubber. 

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I wouldn’t say it needs an engine.

You would Hope Not... These days Most E9 parts are made from Unobtanium....

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

It’s just a CAC in the cab. I wouldn’t say it needs an engine. All It says is engine overheats and it’s sucking the large air filter tube flat. Pry just needs a new one as they are rubber. 

looking at all the dirt over the speedo gage which someone had to wipe off to see mileage, i say pretty good chance maintenance  /servicing wasn't on the top of the list. it sucked the rubber hose flat could be the air filter so clogged eng couldn't get fresh air. a "mechanic" may be looking for technical problem not looking at simple first, bad air filter. once again not being there difficult call. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

looking at all the dirt over the speedo gage which someone had to wipe off to see mileage, i say pretty good chance maintenance  /servicing wasn't on the top of the list. it sucked the rubber hose flat could be the air filter so clogged eng couldn't get fresh air. a "mechanic" may be looking for technical problem not looking at simple first, bad air filter. once again not being there difficult call. 

Yup and overheating could be a lot of simple things too. So saying it needs an engine is a little aggressive. I think for the price they are asking is beyond fair especially that it’s MH and a E9!

7 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

Also keep in mind just because a cab is dirty doesn’t mean it wasn’t serviced meticulously. I have plenty of trucks at work that I think are over serviced but the cabs are shit box’s. I’m a very particular person and I try to keep alot clean even the cabs but I gave up. Bottom line is it isn’t the mechanics job to keep the cosmetics up to par. 

• Like 1

agree on that. at baskins, one driver ; real good hard working guy didn't have care for cleaning inside. i tipped the cab =IH 4070 opened both doors climbed on a ladder let the steam cleaner go. at coke same ' good guy;  no one myself included wanted to go near the truck.that one stunk for trash.  far as the MH it's any bodys call. battery box off (dead?) have to be there to find out.

• Haha 1

It actually bothers me quite a bit how these guys treat these trucks. A lot of times I tell myself “nope I’m not f’in with it” then next thing you know it’s got a full detail. Now I have learned to just let it go….

Just now, mechohaulic said:

also the mechanic was put in parenthesis for a reason. don't know who decided to pull eng apart. maybe it ran a little with disconnected filter ????

Hence your clogged filter hypothesis

3 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

It actually bothers me quite a bit how these guys treat these trucks. A lot of times I tell myself “nope I’m not f’in with it” then next thing you know it’s got a full detail. Now I have learned to just let it go….

i had a major discussion with super when i started at baskin. questioned why a fleet hauling food product  looked  worse then the concrete company mixers down the street. a paint /cleanup process started. after teaming up with a REAL good MECHANIC , work was a pleasure every day. fleet was mechanically fit to the best of our knowledge  and clean. A DOT inspector told me once;" when we see the baskins in line at the scale house , we flag them by" , it took alot of work over 6 1/2 yrs to get and keep the fleet there. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

i had a major discussion with super when i started at baskin. questioned why a fleet hauling food product  looked  worse then the concrete company mixers down the street. a paint /cleanup process started. after teaming up with a REAL good MECHANIC , work was a pleasure every day. fleet was mechanically fit to the best of our knowledge  and clean. A DOT inspector told me once;" when we see the baskins in line at the scale house , we flag them by" , it took alot of work over 6 1/2 yrs to get and keep the fleet there. 

👏🏻