Jump to content

1991 MH daycab E9 in Georgia $7500


 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Hans Remmers changed the title to 1991 MH daycab E9 in Georgia $7500

Think is going to take a LOT MORE than a couple of dollars just to get it running again. That old girl has been rode hard.

Price reflects what you get :pat:   Bones with hardly any meat left hanging on.

Does have a wounded E9 with P7100 inline pump that is probably the most valuable thing there as a core engine.

Hope it stays away from any boat ride!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it needs an engine bob. the one currently in it is apart. 

and the interior is most likely messed up too with all the removed engine parts stuffed in the passenger side. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a big steer in it too.  20K might not scratch the surface in this day and age.  Always a little apprehensive  when you see the charge air in the passenger seat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s just a CAC in the cab. I wouldn’t say it needs an engine. All It says is engine overheats and it’s sucking the large air filter tube flat. Pry just needs a new one as they are rubber. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I wouldn’t say it needs an engine.

You would Hope Not... These days Most E9 parts are made from Unobtanium....

  • Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

It’s just a CAC in the cab. I wouldn’t say it needs an engine. All It says is engine overheats and it’s sucking the large air filter tube flat. Pry just needs a new one as they are rubber. 

looking at all the dirt over the speedo gage which someone had to wipe off to see mileage, i say pretty good chance maintenance  /servicing wasn't on the top of the list. it sucked the rubber hose flat could be the air filter so clogged eng couldn't get fresh air. a "mechanic" may be looking for technical problem not looking at simple first, bad air filter. once again not being there difficult call. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

looking at all the dirt over the speedo gage which someone had to wipe off to see mileage, i say pretty good chance maintenance  /servicing wasn't on the top of the list. it sucked the rubber hose flat could be the air filter so clogged eng couldn't get fresh air. a "mechanic" may be looking for technical problem not looking at simple first, bad air filter. once again not being there difficult call. 

Yup and overheating could be a lot of simple things too. So saying it needs an engine is a little aggressive. I think for the price they are asking is beyond fair especially that it’s MH and a E9!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

looking at all the dirt over the speedo gage which someone had to wipe off to see mileage, i say pretty good chance maintenance  /servicing wasn't on the top of the list. it sucked the rubber hose flat could be the air filter so clogged eng couldn't get fresh air. a "mechanic" may be looking for technical problem not looking at simple first, bad air filter. once again not being there difficult call. 

Also keep in mind just because a cab is dirty doesn’t mean it wasn’t serviced meticulously. I have plenty of trucks at work that I think are over serviced but the cabs are shit box’s. I’m a very particular person and I try to keep alot clean even the cabs but I gave up. Bottom line is it isn’t the mechanics job to keep the cosmetics up to par. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

agree on that. at baskins, one driver ; real good hard working guy didn't have care for cleaning inside. i tipped the cab =IH 4070 opened both doors climbed on a ladder let the steam cleaner go. at coke same ' good guy;  no one myself included wanted to go near the truck.that one stunk for trash.  far as the MH it's any bodys call. battery box off (dead?) have to be there to find out.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It actually bothers me quite a bit how these guys treat these trucks. A lot of times I tell myself “nope I’m not f’in with it” then next thing you know it’s got a full detail. Now I have learned to just let it go….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mechohaulic said:

also the mechanic was put in parenthesis for a reason. don't know who decided to pull eng apart. maybe it ran a little with disconnected filter ????

Hence your clogged filter hypothesis

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only reason for the “8inch hose getting sucked flat” is the air filter clogged. If the cac boots are the turbo is shot

  • Like 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

It actually bothers me quite a bit how these guys treat these trucks. A lot of times I tell myself “nope I’m not f’in with it” then next thing you know it’s got a full detail. Now I have learned to just let it go….

i had a major discussion with super when i started at baskin. questioned why a fleet hauling food product  looked  worse then the concrete company mixers down the street. a paint /cleanup process started. after teaming up with a REAL good MECHANIC , work was a pleasure every day. fleet was mechanically fit to the best of our knowledge  and clean. A DOT inspector told me once;" when we see the baskins in line at the scale house , we flag them by" , it took alot of work over 6 1/2 yrs to get and keep the fleet there. 

  • Like 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

i had a major discussion with super when i started at baskin. questioned why a fleet hauling food product  looked  worse then the concrete company mixers down the street. a paint /cleanup process started. after teaming up with a REAL good MECHANIC , work was a pleasure every day. fleet was mechanically fit to the best of our knowledge  and clean. A DOT inspector told me once;" when we see the baskins in line at the scale house , we flag them by" , it took alot of work over 6 1/2 yrs to get and keep the fleet there. 

👏🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice work, I can appreciate that. Most people just don’t give an F anymore. I don’t get it. A lot don’t even try to take pride in their work…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...