Shop Talk

Onyx610

8 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

My wife is taking me to Mt. Airy N.C. to the Mayberry truck show this morning..  Maybe I will get to meet some of you at the show..   She woke me up and surprised me just a bit ago..   :) .. jojo

I hope it's not raining there, it's been raining here off and on since yesterday, pretty hard sometimes. Last night about 12:30 the wind was blowing scary hard, it woke me up. I was afraid it would blow trees over, but it only blew one over in the edge of the woods behind the house. It was a dead oak. The entire yard is covered in sticks and leaves though, so I'll have plenty to do this week. I was going to post a picture, but it's 7.1 MB. so I'm not.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I just turned 35 and celebrated 9 yrs of marriage the day before my birthday. I've been driving 16yrs. Let's see got hit in the back of the head by a toter trash can lifter at 19,fell out of the side of a box truck face first basically my head fell 10ft face first at 21,acouple truck accidents in the beginning of my 30s the last one about 4yrs ago a guy decided to commit suicide by hitting my dump truck basically head on. I've got a bad knee thanks to the plastic dash coming apart and cutting up my knee and doing some internal damage to it. Yeah been a crazy ride but every time I climb behind the wheel It still feels like it's my first time and I can't help but just smile. I've ran hard,drove when I prolly should've parked it,and warn myself out on the road. Once led a Convoy of 25 other trucks across 80 in Pennsylvania in a snow storm from the 16 yard stick up to the 120 exit into the Sapp Brothers truck stop safe for the night. Yeah prolly more stories to come the older I git but for now it sure has been alotta fun 😀 

• Like 2

JoJo, Thank you for taking the time to post all those pictures from Mt Airy... That is a little too far for me  for a one day show.. Also I do NOT care for the loud "music" that Bottomley like to drown out other shows with!!!

Brocky

Yeah, first time for me... And yes, lots of loud music...  I like the old trucks anyway, not interested in the Ego's and million dollar display's

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 2

i think it is a cummin's 'B'  all mechanical.. I did not do very good about taking notes...  :) 

Edited by Joey Mack
more content needed
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tjc transport said:

you aint nuttin but a baby still!!!!  😁

i was draggin a 32 foot trailer behind a 49 international L190 down the road 18 years before you was born!!!!  

Yeah my Grandfather said I was born in the wrong Era lol Can't help it I guess lol 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 9:27 AM, Mark T said:

That's a BigHorn  '74 or '75  only like 271  (or close to that) ever made. 

I drove one for one day years ago I actually liked it but it was a trash truck shot or nose gas job it was somewhere around 79 cool looking truck thanks for the post there’s not many out there in fact I haven’t seen one of the years in years..: bob