Shop Talk

Onyx610

nice picture of "open air shop" ; sure brings back bad memories for me seeing a R-model on trailer. after loading a R-model on non-detachable lowbed and being in a major hurry;; stepped out of R model forgetting i just  loaded it ; stepped out to a long way to ground level!  one of many reasons my knees are past worn out. 

7 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

nice picture of "open air shop" ; sure brings back bad memories for me seeing a R-model on trailer. after loading a R-model on non-detachable lowbed and being in a major hurry;; stepped out of R model forgetting i just  loaded it ; stepped out to a long way to ground level!  one of many reasons my knees are past worn out. 

Ouch, that hurts me just thing about it

Guess it proves the statement "we all do (stupid) things" that have us asking ourselves ; what were you thinking!🙄. don't think that episode was as painful as the day i fell 17 ft+- through a roof of building i was taking apart. that cost me 1/2 inch in height ..  as Einstein once said " for every action there is a reaction" .. Oh Ya .. 

• Like 1

when you get  old like me , before anything is done I ask myself " how is this going to hurt me" . on a positive if you call it that  jojo ; I think of your situation when i go to light the fire pit in the back yard or any fire related (torches ) now. unfortunate as it is , Your situation is a teaching experience for many. glad to hear every day is a little bit better. 

Joey in about 1982 i had a steam cleaner and a good one.It had a quick coupler from the cleaner to the hose and i had it going real hot when the hose blowed off or come disconnected just as i walked by it.The steam or hot water hit my right leg about pocket high and hurt real bad.i go to doctor and he use the white slave to put on it and cover it with a rag ever few hours.It took about two months to heal but me and the snap/ on tool man fly to Oshkosh to the air show and we just set up a small tent next to the plane to stay in.That night i changed the bandage on my leg and the sanp/on man fants right there from watching.He claims he could see the bone in my leg.A burn is no fun. 

• Like 2

glenn akers

No fun at all.. both my legs burn all day and night..   I'm almost able to walk without a cane..  I just finished my second, 100 pack of 3x4 bandages, and about 40 rolls of guaze.  12ft./ Roll..  Amazon ships over night.. :). 

11 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Was very close to puncturing my lung. 

I never saw my x-rays back in '66 after a bicycle vs school bus crash. i was on the bike. shoulder busted the bus door so bad they couldn't open it. my shoulder was taped up across my chest  for months , right lung was bruised according to DRs. the stupid things we do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, other dog said:

We need this. Here's some girl over at Super Dollar in Winfall.

hotb6127.jpg.c689aa0f7c20bcee4d1898e4cf19779b.jpg

at all of our advanced ages, that will only lead to unexpected early death, and more trouble than the few seconds fun will be worth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..