Shop Talk

Onyx610

I guess this is shop talk,??  over a few beers.....  I used the wrong jug of fuel to light a small brush pile, Sunday afternoon, and when I lit it, it exploded and sprayed directly back at my legs....  I feel like an idiot, but it was an accident..   Here's what happened..

KIMG1169.JPG

KIMG1168.JPG

• Sad 4

Damn!!!! Holy shit that must hurt! You’re lucky it wasn’t your face….I wish you a speedy recovery man. Burns are so painful. I know how bad it hurts when you just burn your finger on something hot, couldn’t imagine that. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

I guess this is shop talk,??  over a few beers.....  I used the wrong jug of fuel to light a small brush pile, Sunday afternoon, and when I lit it, it exploded and sprayed directly back at my legs....  I feel like an idiot, but it was an accident..   Here's what happened..

KIMG1169.JPG

KIMG1168.JPG

Holy mackerel Joey, that looks horrible! Wishing you a speedy recovery too, like Onyx610 said I know burns are extremely painful.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thanks guy's... I t's really bad and its hard to walk.  however today is much better than yesterday..  Glad I pulled a pair of crutch's out of a scrap pile a few years ago... :) I'm usin 'em..  jojo

On 9/15/2022 at 7:45 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Used to love Bundaberg rum, oh my that bear really new how to sort me out

Yeah Paul, That Square Bear has a LOT to answer For...........🥃

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

All good Mech..  I mix a splash of gas into a half gallon of waste oil from my tank...  The problem was that I grabbed the wrong jug and just tossed it on the brush,  then lit it,,  I grabbed the waste gas jug for mixing, instead of the mixed jug,,  both are the same type of jug..   That has been fixed..  Just a simple and stupid mistake,  hell I wasnt even drinkin beer,  just cleaning up the yard waste..  Dumb Me....  jojo

I do at times, but I have 100 gallons of waste oil, 1/2 gal. with a mouthful of gas mixed in has been fine, slow burn and easy to light,,  I just need to use different jugs and not be in a hurry,  I went out during the football games and wanted to get back inside quick..  Its all on me, for sure...  I feel like a fool..  :(  jojo

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

All good Mech..  I mix a splash of gas into a half gallon of waste oil from my tank...  The problem was that I grabbed the wrong jug and just tossed it on the brush,  then lit it,,  I grabbed the waste gas jug for mixing, instead of the mixed jug,,  both are the same type of jug..   That has been fixed..  Just a simple and stupid mistake,  hell I wasnt even drinkin beer,  just cleaning up the yard waste..  Dumb Me....  jojo

That's the same thing I do to get the trash barrel going. I burn whatever will burn so I don't accumulate too much trash, and take the rest to one of the county dumpsters, when they're open. When Zina first got here, or maybe when she was visiting, she was wondering why I was loading the trash bag out of the can into the trunk of the car. She said "why don't you just put the can out by the road?".  I said "it'll be there for a long, long time". She was used to having trash pick up day in Florida.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.