1965 mack B95 Thermodyne pump truck.

actioninc

You know.  I need to retract my statement.  I don't think I ever heard of a B95.  I think the B87 series is the highest numbered truck I ever heard of.  So, if this thing really says B95, then I have no idea what the hell it is!  Maybe it falls into some different numbering sequence for fire trucks or something.  So, I may have been talking out of my a&&!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

2 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Thanks, Vlad.  Thought it might have been.  Do you know if those models adhered to the "even number is gas / odd number is diesel" like the trucks did?

No, I don't know. Probably not. Guess the numbers reflect the pump capacity but also not sure.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

59 minutes ago, General Ike said:

Yes fire truck chassis follow a different number system.  B-75, B-85, B-95 and a handful of B-125's.  The vast majority of them were gassers with 707's in them. There were a few (rare as hens teeth) B-21's B-405's B-475's and B-505's.  Never seen one in person.  Certainly there were some commercial B's that were built into fire apparatus as well.  But the 4 designations at the top of this post were the most prevalent if I recall correctly.  I have a B-85.

Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a B-125.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

That looks like a Saulsbury body?  Can we get some interior shots?  I'm amazed by the massive cab doors and curious what the inside looks like.  I hope the lower cabinet rust isn't as deep as it looks like it could be.  This truck needs to end up in the hands of somebody like Matt Pfahl.

• 8 months later...