Explain Your Handle

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Yep,  I'm about to piss mine off too,,  She is sleeping in, right now, but when she wakes up and see's the heavy rain outside, she will get pissed off at me..  oh well, at least I have you guy's... :) jojo

think we are heading off topic  ; no problem here = no one else complains; wife's aren't involved  why would there be complaints, LOL

11 minutes ago, Licensed to kill said:

I am a licensed pesticide applicator. I do field spraying for farmers so I am Literally "Licensed to kill". When People ask me what I do for a living I tell them I am a hired killer.

You must get rain there if you have those fat tires on your sprayer there, ours and all the other one's around here have the skinny and tall tires. Nice stainless steel tank too, so much better than the plastic crap ones. 

How much weight you hauling when everything full and loaded? 

1 hour ago, 67RModel said:

Mine is very anticlimactic. When I was a very small kid garbage day was my favorite day because Waste Management would come around in their maroon Mack trucks to collect the trash. I waited by the front door all morning just waiting to see it pull up and then release an enormous puff of black smoke when they pulled away. The image has stuck with me forever and I became obsessed with Mack trucks ever since. I realize now those trucks were most likely DMs but I have come to like the the original steel dash R models the best. I found and purchased a really nice original truck for restoration in 2016 and it happened to be a 1967 model. I got involved with the BMT forum much later in early 2020 when I started looking for a period correct sleeper for it and made my handle 67RModel.

I'm with you on the steel dash trucks.  To me, that's what an R is supposed to look like.  Just really hard to find those without terminal body rot.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

2 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Mine is very anticlimactic. When I was a very small kid garbage day was my favorite day because Waste Management would come around in their maroon Mack trucks to collect the trash. I waited by the front door all morning just waiting to see it pull up and then release an enormous puff of black smoke when they pulled away. The image has stuck with me forever and I became obsessed with Mack trucks ever since. I realize now those trucks were most likely DMs but I have come to like the the original steel dash R models the best. I found and purchased a really nice original truck for restoration in 2016 and it happened to be a 1967 model. I got involved with the BMT forum much later in early 2020 when I started looking for a period correct sleeper for it and made my handle 67RModel.

Wow that sounds familiar! I used to love seeing trucks take off from traffic lights in the early 90s. My neck still hurts. 

• Like 1

Ten four on the trash trucks I grew up in New England and most of the trash trucks were way cool that’s what I broke in on 68 R model steel dash leach packer body aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh the good old days…. Bob

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brocky said:

My name is Robert Brock, First year of college went to work in a gas station. All 4 of us working days was "Bob" the boss, Bob Jr., Started calling me by my last name to keep me separate.. Within about 2 weeks it had a Y on the end of it!!!! And everywhere I have ever worked there has been several "Bob's" around underfoot and the Brocky has stuck with me.

When I was driving for H.H. Moore his son Larry took over after H.H. passed away. I took a load to somewhere in Ohio, I think it was, and Larry told me to kind of look after this new guy that was going to the same place. He said his name was "David number five". I said "David no. 5?..What kind of name is that?" He said "well, i've already got 4 Davids working here, so I just call him David no. 5".

I looked after him, we ended up coming back empty, so we went right across Hawk's Nest. Old David no. 5 did all right though. 

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

11 hours ago, R.E.D said:

Mine is also anti climatic, R.e.d are my initials,. My name is Roger .Cb handle is BigMack , tried to get a Texas license plate with that handle name ,but someone already had it..lol..they always referred to me over the Cb radio by bigmack because back then my truck was the biggest mack truck they had seen..they all had regular tandem trucks with 14 foot beds til I showed up with my blue BIGMACK truck with a quint axle set up and a 20 foot bed..

Red

I thought maybe you were "Retired. Extremely Dangerous"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CaptainCrutch said:

All my life people have looked at my name and read it wrong. My name has the word crutch in it but it fairly regularly gets turned into crunch. So some number of years ago a group of kids thought to call me Captain Crunch and I guess the corrected version stuck. Doesn’t bother me none considering my family history in the fire service, although somewhat strangely my ancestors seem to always miss the rank of Captain…

I have literally read your handle as "Captain Crunch" since the first time I saw it and until just now thought that's what it actually said. Its that the mind sees what it wants too thing.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that we find out what it really is I am sure there’s probably lots of interesting stories behind it I am sitting here laughing my ass off just thinking about it ….. 1 stinkin letter can change the entire meaning  . But now all I can think of is Abbott and Costello trying to run a fire house … lol… Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

You must get rain there if you have those fat tires on your sprayer there, ours and all the other one's around here have the skinny and tall tires. Nice stainless steel tank too, so much better than the plastic crap ones. 

How much weight you hauling when everything full and loaded? 

As seen in the picture with the truck full of water I am 42 MT (92,000 lbs) so not real heavy. I have upgraded my trailer to a tri-axle with 22.5's as the one in the pic with the 17.5's was always right at max load capacity and hard on tires. Interesting thing about the tires is that I no longer run the ones in the pic. I went bigger (taller AND wider) a few years ago. HUGE difference. My trailer is 12' wide and with the fat tires on I am 15' wide. I still run skinnies for late season (when the crops are tall) Here is a pic I took when I was changing the 600 65R 38's over to the 710 70R 42's that I run now. I had to punt the fenders to get the big tires to fit. 

Resized_20200601_215543_IMG_1814.jpg.65a3f2683fd0162605d6cfe678d0acae.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptainCrutch said:

All my life people have looked at my name and read it wrong. My name has the word crutch in it but it fairly regularly gets turned into crunch. So some number of years ago a group of kids thought to call me Captain Crunch and I guess the corrected version stuck. Doesn’t bother me none considering my family history in the fire service, although somewhat strangely my ancestors seem to always miss the rank of Captain…

First time I saw your name, I had an image of somebody laid up with a broken leg, bored out of their mind, and signing on here as a way to pass the time until they healed up and haired over.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

As seen in the picture with the truck full of water I am 42 MT (92,000 lbs) so not real heavy. I have upgraded my trailer to a tri-axle with 22.5's as the one in the pic with the 17.5's was always right at max load capacity and hard on tires. Interesting thing about the tires is that I no longer run the ones in the pic. I went bigger (taller AND wider) a few years ago. HUGE difference. My trailer is 12' wide and with the fat tires on I am 15' wide. I still run skinnies for late season (when the crops are tall) Here is a pic I took when I was changing the 600 65R 38's over to the 710 70R 42's that I run now. I had to punt the fenders to get the big tires to fit. 

Resized_20200601_215543_IMG_1814.jpg.65a3f2683fd0162605d6cfe678d0acae.jpg

nice lookin equipment,,,i just thought you were ex military..lol.bob