I`ve been looking to buy a nice,presentable B tractor for months.I`ve seen some nice ones,but the majority for sale are out in some field,rotting into the ground.Why would you neglect a truck for many years,THEN decide to sell it when you probably couldn`t give it away? Rhetorical question,I guess...just venting.

To my current understanding the matter is avoidance to confess self disability. You have a truck, parked in a field and keep hopes "to fix it one day'. Days are passing by and nothing is done. We all familiar with that scenario. Than at a certain time we finally figure we will never fix the truck. And start trying to let it go. In many cases it's too late. In some cases it's already a widow's or kid's business. On the other hand the truck is our toy. And we do what ever we want to do with it.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I've made offers on so many of those projects its ridiculous. A few of those had the excuse "no, that was dad's tractor that he bought from 2 states away. Hes gone now but nobody wants it. So it's just going to go for scrap." Even AFTER I made an offer with cash in hand. Still dont understand that one.

Dunno, it's their truck they can do what they want 

I try and understand it from both sides

Someone has finally got some coin together to by a project and for fill a dream

Someone else is just happy to own it and do nothing with it

We cant and shouldn't expect someone to sell something just because we want it and we are cashed up

I reckon you gotta respect what people want to do even if we dont agree, it's theirs to do with what they want

Paul

• Like 2

It is a shame to see things rot away.  But, sometimes sentiment gets in the way of practicality.  I have things my Dad left me that can't be bought at any price.  But, none of them are vehicles!

That's why I sold my R; I could not do what I needed to do to get it how I wanted.  So, I let it go.  Still hope to find another one someday...in better starting condition.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

lol i tryed to unload mine a few times.....because of the same reason....getting old and lazy,,,not sure if i want to do all that work....no takers....i was kind of banking on the fact i have the only offset cab in captivity,out here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baby i get it,thats because nobody wants them here..lol.bob

Got two places up here like that. One was a full yard of B Models, the other has probably a bunch of R's, Superliners, MH's and even a bunch of spare E9's.

They wouldn't part with anything. Now it's all scrap rotted away to nothing because they had big dreams and no money.

Or you finely get a price and they quote a number so high it is absolutely insane. My rule is if I'm done with it an I can't find room under roof down the road it goes and I take the money and piss it away on some other equally worthless hunk of iron that drives me to distraction for untold years. 

• Like 1

Haha very well put …. I went thru that for years with cars nowadays I just buy from dealers and trade my old one in … same thing with old furniture. Appliances exc i buy a new on I just donate old shit to good will I haven’t got time these days for head trippers … bob 

I see many pictures on this forum and facebook truck pages with many old trucks effectively rotting slowly. And on some properties there are many trucks and other equipment, eg old quarries or construction company sites. The US is a big country with a big population and economy, you have had big productions of trucks and cars, compared to Australia. Most of our trucks have been imported, yes there is a Mack manufacturing operation but most parts come from US. So naturally you have substantial numbers of old trucks laying about that have not been sent for recycling (although I have read that dictator councils have been aggressive in this regard of recent years so reducing old truck numbers).

So when I see all those old trucks laying in the US fields and they are so low in $value, we sure could have some fun down here, especially when we see usable parts on trucks that will go to waste, instead of someone with some effort remove and store those valuable parts that are often sought, such a cab clearance lights that mostly are not damaged, door components etc, the list is endless, again instead of rotting or going into recycling.

However, that said, ultimately each owner does have a right to decide what they do with their old gear.

• Like 2